Green Bean all over the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Bean all over the road

93 festiva L 5 speed when driving if it hits bumps in the road it goes all over when i push the clutch in to shift it goes hard right i shift let the clutch out it goes hard left it has 14 inch wheels with 185 -65 - 14 i think its raining out real hard so im not goin out to double check the size i do have new sway bar bushings thanks to the festiva store an i do have race land coil overs to go in the rear just need a set of coil overs for the front it also has ball bearing strut plates that the previous p.o. installed cant remember what he said he used so what else could be causing this i usally dont get scared driving but this car scares the shit out of me when i do drive it any help would be nice .

Check the steering rack. They are known to wear out. Also if the rear is lowered and the front is not, it will toe the front out, and make it unpredictable
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Totally shot sway bar to control arm bushing caused very similar symptoms for me.
      "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
      "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
      "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
      "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
      "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
      "Wenona"-89L parts car
      "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

If you have the aspire knuckle swap and did not use aspire outer tie rod ends, festy outer ends will be sloppy in the receiver of the knuckle.At least mine were lol.

Comment

Also, wider tires exaggerate any alignment or suspension issue.
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-04-2016, 12:48 PM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Thanks to those that replied I didn't put the rear coil overs on yet was planning on putting them on this weekend due to the fact that struts are shot and I will check this weekend in the other bushings I'm Goin to put the sway bar to frame bushings on this weekend I was looking at running the 165 55 14 that everyone else is running on here but no one around here has that tire size

Comment

Also all the mounts have been replaced the p.o. had the tires installed an had an alignment done bout 4 months before i bought the car but who knows if it was done right ill get it checked once i replace the bushings in the front .

Comment

I've owned mostly stock Festivas for 26 years and from my experience the symptoms you describe point to the
                control arm / sway bar connection. When you change the bushings at the control arm make sure you put the
                washers on the correct way and be sure that you verify that the carter key is secure. Several years ago I noticed the pulling to the right was getting worse on acceleration but I was really busy at the time and didn't take care of it soon enough..long story short my sway bar popped out of the control arm as I started up after a red light on my way to work. So yes.. you maybe should be scared.
                Last edited by 1990new; 02-04-2016, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X