Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust free vs. rusted out

Removing one was a joy.The other i had to cut 2 of the bolts off
    Last edited by jfd64; 02-05-2016, 02:28 AM.

anti-seize compound needed

Comment

I'll take rust free please.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

That rust free is so weird looking.
        Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

That rusted out looks good!
          Much better then mine was lol

Comment

I moved far away from my native land in search of place where cars don't rust and winter is only a myth. I've found heaven.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

rust free!

Comment

First time I visited my Dad in AZ, I freaked out. I wanted to buy every old car I saw. Even Chevys......and that's just unnatural. It truely was a slice of heaven, However, the sun is a little hard on interiors and paint. I did manage to snag a rust free '79 F-250 HD 4x4.....which I still have.
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Paint is much easier to fix than rust though.
                  Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

The rust free is a 93 from AZ,the rotted is a 91 from MI.2 years makes a big difference eh?Yes on the the sun rot.I had that on the plastics on my 93 from FL.Thankfully the seats had been redone.So i had good metal from the south to put good plastic from the north onto
                    Last edited by jfd64; 02-06-2016, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I purchased Max our DD from a snow bird who lived in Bradenton FL, When we got home I spent the next week pulling that car apart bolt by bolt and wiping every thread with anti seize, that stuff makes life a lot easier.
                      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Smart move.I have one i should consider doing that on right now or at least put it somewhere on the list.

Comment

I started greasing bolt threads on my winter beater about 5 years ago and have found that to be a good cheap way to keep the rust at bay. It's cheaper than anti seize and i think it holds up against moister better.

I also currently have two cars and a truck that don't see the road between November and April, have to love Michigan. I think I need to start planning my move south.

Comment

Oh man i was ready to move south after the 2 brutally cold winters and the piles and piles of snow we had in West MI and leave the kids and grand kids behind.This winter has been great weather wise and since the economic downturn a few years they don't salt the icy roads as much either lol.

Comment

72 and sunny today here in Phoenix. Nice breeze too.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X