new Curbside Classic festiva post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Curbside Classic festiva post

this is a great site that i spend more time on than even ff.com. one of todays postings is an R&T review you might of seen but it's the comments after that are interesting, the most popular adjective being "unkillable".

(first posted 2/11/2016)    Another road test is up from R&T’s 1987 July issue of this small Ford.   Oh wait- it’s a Mazda. No, it’s a Kia!

I dislike that people call these disposable. Mercury sable. Disposable. Grand prix with the 3.1. Disposable. Festivas are collectors cars

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Most people can't fathom the potential that these cars have beneath those boxy fenders.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I think they were sold and intended as disposable cars but the Japanese did such a great job designing and building motors that they have out lived their life expectancy.I also was told at one point by an engineer for GM in the 80's that the Japanese were more advanced in producing light weight mettle that did not rust as fast.I think if they had designed the Festiva without having that salt and grime catcher in the front of the rear wheel well a lot more of them would be on the road today in the rust belt.

Comment

If our culture wasn't a consumer driven recycling crazed monster than we'd have enough rust free cars for everyone down here. The cars that go through the crusher down here would make you guys cry.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            If our culture wasn't a consumer driven recycling crazed monster than we'd have enough rust free cars for everyone down here. The cars that go through the crusher down here would make you guys cry.
            Buy up all the good ones, then sell them to us at a reasonable profit. Say $12.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Perfect idea all 14k members pay Charlie $12 to fix their Festys! So he can quit his job and travel the US wrenching on Festys. Ok he should start with mine because I live so close.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianliska View Post
                Perfect idea all 14k members pay Charlie $12 to fix their Festys! So he can quit his job and travel the US wrenching on Festys. Ok he should start with mine because I live so close.
                Bidding war! I'll go $13.50.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                  This happened back home in the Portland area. Stuff doesn't stay in the yards long at all.
                  Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

I remember when cash for clunkers was initiated. Lots of vehicles way nicer than any of mine ended up in the dumpster.
                    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                      I remember when cash for clunkers was initiated. Lots of vehicles way nicer than any of mine ended up in the dumpster.
                      I watched them crush a mint 69 camero that only needed a rear axle. I was so angry

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X