Places and Links to buy parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places and Links to buy parts

I was thinking, would it be a good idea to start an excel sheet (on google drive or somthing) that multiple people could edit so we know where we can get the best/cheapest parts to our cars? We can have links to the website locations for easy reference. I often find myself triple checking, and have ordered the wrong parts before (wrong capris axles). If I had a tool like this on hand, especially for some of the rarer parts, I could've saved myself some headache.

It's just a thought, I know there's a lot of parts out there and multiple brands, maybe we'd be able to weed some of the trash brands out with this tool as well.

I went ahead and made an example:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

What do you guys think?

Car #789
    Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
    1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
    1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
    http://www.facebook.com/warally

$204 for a rack and pinion? The festiva store sells them for $55 with no wait....
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

annnd I had no idea about the festiva store. now my whole day is ruined...

This is why i wanted to post this. it's these kindsa things some of us don't know about or see.

Car #789
      Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group

Comment

Originally posted by WTFestiva View Post
        annnd I had no idea about the festiva store. now my whole day is ruined...

This is why i wanted to post this. it's these kindsa things some of us don't know about or see.
        I try to get the word out, just tough to find a way to let everybody know. I have a few posts on here. You found the facebook page, so that's good. That's an easy, convenient way to get hold of me.
        The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I think its a good idea but i dont know anything about how to add to something like that. How do you make it so anyone can add and delete stuff? Or would people have to send you links and you add it? With ebay i would be concerned because listings always end pretty quick it seems. Posting a link to the seller may be better? I dont know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

sweet dream but a major undertaking. not only would you want to have sections for the various subsystems such as Engine, Suspension, etc for ease of use but also subsections of those like Economy, OEM, HD, etc. And then the possibility of equivalent substitutes from Mazda and Kia. add to that changing prices and parts that may be discontinued would mean diligent updating.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
              sweet dream but a major undertaking. not only would you want to have sections for the various subsystems such as Engine, Suspension, etc for ease of use but also subsections of those like Economy, OEM, HD, etc. And then the possibility of equivalent substitutes from Mazda and Kia. add to that changing prices and parts that may be discontinued would mean diligent updating.
              That was my thought too. Maybe we can tone it down. Keep it to rare-r parts. I kept it open so anyone would be able to add/subtract, thinking of I could get a good start on it. Others could post what they find or if a link goes out, delete it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Car #789

Comment

Why not make it like some sort of "board" where posts are "files" with names corresponding to the official Ford part number with a parenthesized suffix, so multiple people can submit their data for the same part number. This way, there's no issue of multiple people having to edit one giant file. If a given post appears bad, people can "flag" it so that with a sufficient number of flaggers, it will go away. If somebody determines that a given post it good stuff, a way to "thumbs up -- this worked for me" it would also help.

Of course, we'd need complete illustrated parts breakdowns -- in English! The lack of such readily-available part number info is the sole reason I haven't placed a thousand-dollar-plus Four Green order to try to get more of my fleet of fourteen or so Festies operable. It just takes too long to dig out specific info on this board.
                Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 02-24-2016, 04:39 AM.
                88L black, dailydriver
                88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                4 88/89 disassembled
                91L green
                91GL aqua pwrsteer
                92GL red a/c reardmg
                3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

these used to be easy to get cheap. this is same one i use. has all kia models passenger and commercial worldwide. indispensable (and informative) if you're ordering lots of parts. installs on your hard drive. pretty sure this is only for up to WIN 7 32 bit sytems though. about $30.

Last edited by F3BZ; 02-25-2016, 12:34 AM.

Comment

these used to be easy to get cheap. this is same one i use. has all kia models passenger and commercial worldwide. indispensable (and informative) if you're ordering lots of parts. installs on your hard drive. pretty sure this is only for up to WIN 7 32 bit sytems though. about $30.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIA-EPC-5-..._Fkh4YuKOCbknA
                    Its in a different language so i cant read it, what does it give you? Part numbers for every part on a kia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIA-EPC-5-..._Fkh4YuKOCbknA
                      Just ordered one! Thanks for letting us know.

Ryan, the listing is in Polish but the DVD has English on it too.
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada
                      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

this is going to be the same DVD that kia uses in the dealer service dept. you even log on with a username and password. earlier versions came with an additional "licensing" DVD to enable you to install on a PC without the usual dongle you would need. the 2012 disc did away with this step but you still have to go through an install wizard type procedure. once installed, it is easy to use. click on model, then you get a pictorial of 6 systems (engine, body, chassis, etc.). click on any of those pics and you get pictorials of subsystems. clicking on those gets you to the actual parts diagram and clicking on the number next to the part will give you the Kia part#, years used, FBC or EFI, # of doors, etc. (the polish ebay auction actually shows a page from the DVD with the pride categories). there are 7 that reflect region/year (egypt, iran, philppines, UK, etc.). drawbacks are there is no accessory catalog and no Korea Market parts listings. the KM prides had some goodies not seen or used on export cars that would be desireable. also, i can't print the page without using prnt scrn and using "paint". but maybe that's just me. if you have any problems installing or using, pm me and maybe i can help.
                        Last edited by F3BZ; 02-25-2016, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X