88 4spd to 5 spd g-series question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 4spd to 5 spd g-series question

I am picking up a 2nd car to build on friday. It is a 4 speed 88 carby. Will i have issues with the 5 speed g-series tanns? Will the shifter linkage all work out? I just didnt know if the 4sp linkage is set up to only have 4 positions or not. I cant see a problem but thought i would ask.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Stock shifter won't work it will need shortened and rotated along with stabilizer rod ! And you need an inline walbro .
    New build on the way .

Comment

The shifter is the same in all the festivas. The number of positions is determined by the transmission. Just follow shadetree's advice on modifying the shifter.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I will just buy a shifter setup ready to bolt in from shadetree.

Gonna give the install my best effort and if i cant get it ill have to call shadetree down for help to finish it up!
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
        X