Mercury Capri xr2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercury Capri xr2

I have been hunting for one if these cars for the last few years to do the b6t swap. Craigslist every day looking for even miatas to do a non turbo swap. Upstate NY these cars are hard to find. Finally an xr2 pops up literally 10min from my house and the engines great, it's pretty rust free BUT the guy stands firm at $2200.... I can't see how that is a good price at all, especially if I would just be pulling the engine. Does anyone else agree with me that it is overpriced??

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Way overpriced in my opinion. Too bad you're not closer to Nashville. http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5476499888.html
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

Comment

Pretty rust-free in NY? I'm thinking not necessarily overpriced for the car, depending on the mileage and overall condition, like maybe new soft top or an included hard top. It's not his problem if you just want to pull the engine; he's selling a whole car, not parting it out.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by herk518 View Post
        I have been hunting for one if these cars for the last few years to do the b6t swap. Craigslist every day looking for even miatas to do a non turbo swap. Upstate NY these cars are hard to find. Finally an xr2 pops up literally 10min from my house and the engines great, it's pretty rust free BUT the guy stands firm at $2200.... I can't see how that is a good price at all, especially if I would just be pulling the engine. Does anyone else agree with me that it is overpriced??

A member was just selling the b6t complete on here for 400$. Do not buy the xr2 for 2200$ That is a ripoff.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
          A member was just selling the b6t complete on here for 400$. Do not buy the xr2 for 2200$ That is a ripoff.
          In upstate the b6t is about impossible to find and 400$ would be something I would jump on. Hell I was ganna pay willingly 1600 for the Capri just to pull the motor Bc they are so rare up here. But 2200 is too much just to do a swap

Comment

The member is in oakhill WV I'm sure a days drive is under 100$ that means your swap will be 500$ look up the thread its- [fs] 91 Capri xr2 part out

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I read the original post wrong and thought it had rust. If it's rust free that's not a bad price at all.
              Rick
              1993 Ford Festiva
              1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
              1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
              2000 Ford E350

Comment

Are you dead set on a b6t? You can always keep an eye out for a BP, b8, b6d or b6me.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

that's funny people think it's a rip because it's a donor. $2200 seems like a decent price for a rust free runner. like the seller is supposed to subsidize your project. what if the table is turned? BUYER: i know you're asking $1500 for this B6T Festiva but i just want it for the engine to replace the blown one in my XR2. i'll give you $500.

Comment

2200 is a good price for a good running XR2 with reasonable miles and no rust... some people like the Capris for what they are. Strange I know

Plenty of them in NYS but ya gotta look around, CL may not be your best bet. eBay, car-part.com, autotrader etc may have better luck.
                    1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                    High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                    Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Found a better buy, 1989 mercury tracer.. I know it's only a b6 but it's an easy swap into my carbureted festy and I picked the car up with a running motor for 200$

Comment

congrats that is awesome.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rocketman;712182] some people like the Capris for what they are. Strange I know

myself, it'd be a painful choice to gut a nice running capri in good shape for a festiva transplant even if i got it for free. i've had a few XRs and even though they'll probably never be big money collectibles, i think it will be more collectible than a festiva in the future. too bad it didn't stay closer to Lutzs' 83 Ghia Barchetta concept. that would've been a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by herk518 View Post
                            Found a better buy, 1989 mercury tracer.. I know it's only a b6 but it's an easy swap into my carbureted festy and I picked the car up with a running motor for 200$
                            Yeah, nice cheap upgrade.
                            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                            X