Looking for air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for air filter

Need parts number or cross ref. On an air filter 92 1.3. No one in this area stocks or can get one for about a week.

Wth

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

92 GL was red automatic Ms Va., now Zinc Yellow

Originally posted by wth View Post
    Need parts number or cross ref. On an air filter 92 1.3. No one in this area stocks or can get one for about a week.
    Vacuum your old one until the new on gets in. Or blow it out from the outside in, with high pressure air.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Did you try O'reilly's? If they don't have it, their DC usually has it and they get it the same or next day. Wix 46227 Motorcraft FA1064
      Rick
      1993 Ford Festiva
      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
      2000 Ford E350

Comment

Fram ca6867 Purolator AF4679 Wix 46227 Motorcraft FA1064 Rockauto.com has them all and only takes couple days to get them.
        Last edited by milehighbear; 03-16-2016, 03:57 PM.
        Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
        93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
        01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

That's strange. You didn't try autozone? They should have at least been able to order one from their hub, and have it for you later the same day. Because just a couple months ago I put my stock airbox back in, and bought a new STP air filter from autozone.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

I've never been able to find these locally- Always had to order them from Rockauto.com
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
              I've never been able to find these locally- Always had to order them from Rockauto.com
              Oh? Thats weird. I have gotten air filters from 3 different stores in 3 different towns and they were in stock. Aways the first place i walked into had them too, i never had it that a place i tried didnt have it in stock. And usually in canada things are harder to find. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I get most of my parts for my car at autozone too. May have to go back and pick it up later, but they usually have it in same day.
                Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Just washed the old aspire one n the sink after replacing today- A little Spray and wash, warm soapy bubbles on each side several times to sink in and then more lather, and finally a dunk to rinse- a lot of dark water came out - I think it was about five years old-

It'll be fine after it dries- don't know if I'll ever use it again, but it'll go in the new box the other came in and out in the shed- don't think itlll fit the Festy- I think I replaced that when I got it a couple back- and it's gone nowhere since.

I've got 4 or 5 used Festy/Aspire oil filters out there too- none with more than about 2000 miles and at 118 K I still can't see the oil on the Aspire when I first change it- they've been drained and dried and some have had some carb cleaner dunks and sloshes-

I'll always have a filter if I can't somehow get one. They'd go another 2 or 3000 thousand with no problems- and that's al i'm driving a year- cept I can't take the motorized bikes out as often- old and tired
                  !badh2
                  Last edited by harpon; 03-18-2016, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I just got the K&N filter about a year ago, I know it was more expensive than the paper one's but I don't care 'cause I'll never have to buy another one.
                    Well at least for 10,000 miles +.
                    #33-2222
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Working...
                    X