What was your worst mpg fill up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your worst mpg fill up?

I set a new record low for myself today at a humble 19 mpg. Ended up running out of gas on my way to work @ 194 miles on the tripometer. Car has been running weird since the tps is not plugged in. Whenever I push in the clutch, the car idles to between 2100 - 2500 rpm, and I have to tap the gas for the idle to go down. I believe this is why I got such low mpg, because I normally average about 29-30 and that is including several good beatings. Can't wait to do my engine swap!

For reference, my car is a B6me 4 speed.

So what has your worst fill up been?
    Last edited by TWFodor; 03-18-2016, 09:06 AM.
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

19 is the worst but can be attributed to the fact that my son was driving.

Comment

Your car is in limp mode without the tps you need to get your tps hooked up and your mpg will improve a lot.
      26 was my worst BTW. Car full of parts and roof rack loaded with head wind and 20 degree temps.
      That's with a b6d and 4 speed.

Comment

70 miles on 1 tank. Festiva madness test rides.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

38mpg UK. That would be 31.5mpg US. Stock B3, O2 sensor not working, it was -38 celcius and i spent the day bombing around on a lake, fairly good amount of snow, not just ice. No cat converter, just an empty hole there so it was stupidly loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

28-29 mpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
              Your car is in limp mode without the tps you need to get your tps hooked up and your mpg will improve a lot.
              26 was my worst BTW. Car full of parts and roof rack loaded with head wind and 20 degree temps.
              That's with a b6d and 4 speed.
              This has just started up recently. The car was running fairly well for a long time without the tps, but I plugged in the tps again about 2 weeks ago to see if it would run with it, and ever since then it has been acting like this. Its almost as if the ecu adapted to driving without the tps and plugging it back in messed up the ecu's programming. It runs even worse with the tps plugged in, which is why I have never driven it with it. I believe the tb on my car is from an automatic because the previous owner had to create some strange bracket to accommodate the manual tps, which may be the issue. Normally I get around 30 mpg and that's partially because of my foot tends to get heavier while driving my Festiva. I have gotten up to 37 though.
              1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
              2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

Comment

Well I recently discovered that I'm a bit of a bonehead. I apparently forgot that I had unhooked the speedometer cable from the trans several days before the incident because I need to regrease it and it was making a ruckus. So, my tripometer wasnt increasing and I figured since it read 194, I had several gallons left. Mistake I probably will not do again! So in reality, I probably got about 27 mpg.

Comment

Working...
                X