Overtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtime

Who's working overtime right now so you can buy those car parts? And what is going to be your next purchase?

I'll go first, got here at 12:30 pm, it's now 11pm. I'm buying coils, sleeves, nuts, and front struts for my advance suspension kit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bhearts; 03-18-2016, 11:36 PM.

I'm salaried so my goal every week is to work less than 40 hours. A lot of the guys I work with are hourly and hard core drag racers so they are always trying pick up extra hours to pay for parts.

Comment

30 years being considered a life sentence as a self employed flooring installer led to a choice of early retirement without a pension.Everything i do now is overtime lol.I do appliance repair part time in the clothes washer division of my sons business when i feel like it.18 hrs put in,18 hrs of overtime this week.Yesterday i picked up 3 headlights, a set of power mirrors,radio bezel,a wiring harness,air flow hose ect.I wanted the combo switch he had but he wouldn't sell separate from the steering column which he valued at 100.Paid a little extra for the parts i did purchase but being they were pulled and i didnt have to work overtime and pull them myself.

Comment

Originally posted by jfd64 View Post
        30 years being considered a life sentence as a self employed flooring installer led to a choice of early retirement without a pension.Everything i do now is overtime lol.I do appliance repair part time in the clothes washer division of my sons business when i feel like it.18 hrs put in,18 hrs of overtime this week.Yesterday i picked up 3 headlights, a set of power mirrors,radio bezel,a wiring harness,air flow hose ect.I wanted the combo switch he had but he wouldn't sell separate from the steering column which he valued at 100.Paid a little extra for the parts i did purchase but being they were pulled and i didnt have to work overtime and pull them myself.
        Self employed flooring installer. That would take the drive to get going every day

Comment

Im getting married in October and I told the soon to be that I wouldn't spend 80 hour paycheck money on car parts, so I'm stuck working Fridays to buy the goods

Comment

This way, I'm probably end up buying a brand new garrett turbo though. So that will be nice

Comment

Can't work a real job right now. Grandma dying taking up more time than one would imagine.

I've started buying and selling touch screen Android stuff to have fun money. Not that I have time to spend it. lol I guess that's my overtime. Since grandma is 24/7.

And I have lots of stuff to install now. Spoiler from Junspeed. DIY coilover kit. Rio steering rack. Wheels. Custom grill. And tint still needs finished. Also a Subi turbo and one day a custom HeartsFab intake.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                Can't work a real job right now. Grandma dying taking up more time than one would imagine.

I've started buying and selling touch screen Android stuff to have fun money. Not that I have time to spend it. lol I guess that's my overtime. Since grandma is 24/7.

And I have lots of stuff to install now. Spoiler from Junspeed. DIY coilover kit. Rio steering rack. Wheels. Custom grill. And tint still needs finished. Also a Subi turbo and one day a custom HeartsFab intake.
                Which subi turbo did you get.

Comment

2002 WRX.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

God bless ,sketchman for answering a higher calling.

Comment

Originally posted by jfd64 View Post
                      God bless ,sketchman for answering a higher calling.
                      Yeah, proud of you sketchi. Keep your priorities.

Comment

Aww. Now I feel all warm an fuzzy inside.

CARS!!!

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                          Aww. Now I feel all warm an fuzzy inside.

CARS!!!
                          Could you link an purchase of those front struts you have? I'm buying today

Comment

12 hours over time every week this year. B6 swap is first on the list and soon!

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                              Could you link an purchase of those front struts you have? I'm buying today

Mine are just generic Rio pieces.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Working...
                              X