Well, I finally did it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I finally did it

I've been thinking about this for a long time now, ever since i made it into a small truck. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me but it was either this or buy another old project car and fix it up and I decided on doing the festiva. I cut the frame to where i can attach the door window frame and the car frame as one and then when i want to, attach the parts back onto the car and remove when I want to. All parts will store in back of festiva when not in use. I've also talked to a mechanic about it being a dual frame body and he said he can help me to strengthen it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by milehighbear; 03-22-2016, 08:29 PM.
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

That looks fun. Whats in your trunk?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats where the frame for both sides will go for storage when i have it in the convertable mode. The back does come off completely if I want to take it off. It just lifts off. Guess ill post a picture of whole thing removed. The wood box is attached to car and i carry a removeable tow bar, tools and some other stuff in it. Im also going to make a tailgate that will completely hide everything in back when I have back board back on.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by milehighbear; 03-22-2016, 09:12 PM.
      01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

What tool did you use to cut the frame?

Comment

Can you get the doors shut if you have a passenger? I heard the 3000gt cars had sag issues when people made them diy convertibles.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Today wife and I went out and sat in the car and the doors closed great. When it warms up I'm going to put it up on ramps and check uni frame and see if I can do anything to stiffen it up some. Im sure there is a way using angle iron and some welding. And to answer your question jimdigs, i used a reciprocating saw and it worked great. I've already filled holes with body putty. Now I have to use my imagination and build me a top for it that folds down into the back of the car. I'll post some pictures up as I go along.
            01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
            X