Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission noise help!!

Hello everyone,

Im having issues with my 5 speed tranny. Its making a grinding noise in neutral. When i press in the clutch, or go into a gear the noise stops. Can my throwout bearing be the issue? Not sure or should i start looking for another tranny?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by ralph89891 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Im having issues with my 5 speed tranny. Its making a grinding noise in neutral. When i press in the clutch, or go into a gear the noise stops. Can my throwout bearing be the issue? Not sure or should i start looking for another tranny?

Are you having driving problems?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

No issues. No jerking or clutch slipping. Just the grinding noise when not engaged in a gear

Comment

Originally posted by ralph89891 View Post
        No issues. No jerking or clutch slipping. Just the grinding noise when not engaged in a gear

Sounds about right with the throw out bearing. Drive it till it dies. Or replace the bearing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Every time i have heard that it has been the throw out bearing. You can buy a clutch kit off ebay with one in it for cheap, then you have a new clutch too. May as well since its a fair bit of work to get at. Easy to change, just takes time to get to. Dont want to replace just the bearing and then have to do your clutch in 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My car dose the same with the gearbox noise but only when it gets hot

Comment

Working...
            X