Festiva Trailer conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Trailer conversion?

I've tried using the search button because I think I've seen this done before. Couldn't find any write ups on it.

My 90 parts car is auto, the engine was killed by previous owner. I'm thinking of converting it into a towable sleeper/storage rig. Has this ever been done? I'd love to use the car for something. Hate seeing it sit.
    90 Festiva L Auto - Parts
    93 Festiva L 5 speed
    93 Festiva LX 5 speed

Why should it sit....drop a b6t in it and terrorize your neighborhood.

Comment

I have seen it done, just dont remember who did it. Google search for hitches that fit a festiva will give you the style your looking for. Eurotiva made and actual trailer out of a festiva , if you search his stuff maybe he did a write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jumbo that looks like a great idea but consider the tongue weight, it might be to much for a Festiva. Great idea and good luck with the build, heck maybe your going to tow it behind a truck or full size car.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I want a Festiva trailer so bad. Maybe someone has made one and can display it at Madness?

Comment

"Euro"
            price drop, $6500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If the car wasn't so rusty I'd swap another engine into it.

I also had that concern about tongue weight, but I'm thinking of supporting it underneath with a frame. Just ideas at this point, thats why I'd be interested to see how others did it. I'd keep it real light, gut all the interior and engine. I wouldn't likely pull it with my festiva. It doesn't have a hitch and I doubt I'll install one on it.
              90 Festiva L Auto - Parts
              93 Festiva L 5 speed
              93 Festiva LX 5 speed

Comment

I had a teal car I considered doing something similar to, I was going to cut the front clip off and slide some pieces of framework to attach to the tounge down along the rockers to the rear wheel well opening. Then smooth out the firewall somehow and done. BUUUTTTT SC72 told me it would likely be too much tounge weight.
                1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                2005 Accord - wife's DD
                2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

I would swap the rear beam and suspension to the front, and pull it backwards. A Festiva is closer to a teardrop in reverse.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Low overhang in either direction causes the same tongue weight issue.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

You could mount the beam in the middle.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Where do the tires tuck? Or are you visualizing outboard fenders?
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

CutCut and weld? Just take everything and move it. But then I guess you're bordering on just cutting out the whole floor and fabbing a new one.
                          Last edited by sketchman; 04-05-2016, 07:05 PM.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Here is a Festy trailer photo I saved from a FF.com post on 12/21/11.

Festiva trailer idea from FordFestiva-dot-com.jpg
                            Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 04-06-2016, 02:08 PM.
                            88L black, dailydriver
                            88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                            4 88/89 disassembled
                            91L green
                            91GL aqua pwrsteer
                            92GL red a/c reardmg
                            3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                            1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
                              Attached is a Festy trailer photo I saved from a FF.com post on 12/21/11.
                              LIAR!

Lol

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Working...
                              X