Back again, been awhile... RED CHERRY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back again, been awhile... RED CHERRY

Wow... Seems like I just can't get away from these cars for more than a year or two. My last festiva (FOTM January 2013) ended up having too many problems all at once, and ended up being sold. (Happy to say I see it on the road now, so it didn't go to the big junkyard in the sky).

Well, I get a call from my Uncle about a month ago. He is the one that got my family into Festivas, buying one new in 1988. Since then he has had 4. The one pictured here is #5 for me. My brother has had 3. He tells me he wants the Festiva that has been sitting in his back yard for 3 years for no reason gone. Sells me it, and a blue 1992 with a bad trans for $500!

1991 Festiva L. 207,000 miles. How it looked when I got it, 3 weeks ago... REALLY faded. Studded snow tires, and some pretty cool 12" caps. No love in a LONG time.

Got her home and the fun started. New plugs, wires, air filter, oil change, and of course some much needed wax for that INCREDIBLY flat, but surprisingly rust free paint.

A little interior sprucing up goes a LONG way in these cars. (Also installed new kicker 4" all the way around, as well as a 1500w amp, and alpine 10" in a ported box. haven't taken pictures yet)

Had to ditch the 12's. Found a lady local... She had fixed up her 1996 Metro for her son, including new tires, and he blew the transmission 10 days later. She sold me the mounted set (155 80r13 Kumho), with nubbies still on them for $75!

This car was begging for a stripe...

Picked up some 13" chrome trim rings for the rims, and also blacked out the grill. (red was SUPER faded)

I'm loving having this little car at this stage in my life. I have other newer, more comfortable cars... This one is for me. I love it. She passed emissions yesterday no problem. First thing my 11 year old son, and I did was take it out to the local car show... Got some sideways looks from the muscle car guys, but more smiles than anything else!

Glad to be back... Not sure what direction this little car is going to be going... Or what I'm going to do with the blue parts car, that I don't think I'm going to use as a parts car.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
    1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
    1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
    1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Nice writeup! Seein' a future FOTM here.....
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Lots of experience... LOL. Just been awhile.

Glad to be back in the Festiva fun!

Comment

I think its funny that ya took it to the car show.
        Last edited by jimdigs; 04-07-2016, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
          I think its funny that ya took it to the car show.
          Yeah? Whys that? It's 25 years old, not a spot of rust, and a perfect example of Japanese industrialism from the 80's... There were 2011 V6 Camaro's there, and new Dodge Challengers... LOL I think it's funny they brought those.

Comment

Originally posted by TheresGabe View Post
            Yeah? Whys that? It's 25 years old, not a spot of rust, and a perfect example of Japanese industrialism from the 80's... There were 2011 V6 Camaro's there, and new Dodge Challengers... LOL I think it's funny they brought those.
            Funny in that I liked it.

Comment

Working...
            X