First Post.. Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Post.. Hello!

Hello gang. This is my first actual post with some content. I just got back from a trip to Tennessee, but before I left i purchased my very first car. Its a 1989 Ford Festiva L. 96k Miles, 2 owners, interior and mechanics are in great condition, and i paid $700 usd for it. I have all the service records, as well as the original bill of sale from a Ford Dealership.

Happy i found this club, I've been reading through some posts a bit and cant wait to start working on my ride.

here are some pics.

front - caty - festiva.jpgback festiva.jpgFullSizeRender.jpginterior festiva.jpg

Things it needs:
    - Muffler
    - AC work. AC Blows, but not very cold
    - Belt. She squeals sometimes, no pattern to it. Sometimes immediately after starting up, sometimes after driving for a bit. Always after the AC button is engaged.
    - Has a large dent on drivers side by the rear wheel.
    - Windows roll down, wont roll back up straight
    - Wipers are rusty, id like to replace them.

Things id like to do to it:
    - New paint Job
    - Paint Bumpers
    - Black Grill
    - New radio w/ AUX input
    - Id like to add a spoiler. I think it'd look pretty rad. Id also love to find some rear window louvers Lol

if anyone knows where to find parts such as the spoiler and louvers, id appreciate it if you passed along the information. Also, if anyone knows what kind of stereo i can drop in without too much alterations that'd be great too.

Wow, you got a heck of a deal. Any single din radio will drop in without much trouble. Spray a LITTLE silicone spray down the window channel both the front and rear of windows and then they should roll up nicely. The belt(s) probably need replacing or tightening. They are V belts and don't have a spring tensioner like modern serpentine belts. You have to tighten them once in a while as they stretch.
    Last edited by Eaglefreek; 04-07-2016, 12:40 PM.
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
      Wow, you got a heck of a deal. Any single din radio will drop in without much trouble. Spray a LITTLE silicone spray down the window channel both the front and rear of windows and then they should roll up nicely. The belt(s) probably need replacing or tightening. They are V belts and don't have a spring tensioner like modern serpentine belts. You have to tighten them once in a while as they stretch.
      My dad said the same thing! We're set to buy new belts soon, but we'll look and see about tightening as well and see if that helps. The driver's side window will roll down super easy, and roll up pretty easy with some persuasion. The passenger side window however, is hard to roll down and needs man-handling to get back up. ill try the silicone spray! And thanks for the information about the radio.

Comment

Got a great deal on that Festy, hope you enjoy your new car and it takes you on many adventures! Welcome to the forums also.

Comment

Originally posted by likeJIF View Post
          Got a great deal on that Festy, hope you enjoy your new car and it takes you on many adventures! Welcome to the forums also.
          thanks!

Comment

welcomsign

Get the dent professionally removed by being pushed out from the inside.
            Change your brake fluid if it's cloudy.
            Then, use the search engine to find out how to do all of the mods.

Comment

Don't do your exhaust until after you engine swap. Welcome though

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                Don't do your exhaust until after you engine swap. Welcome though

Didnt know i was doing an engine swap!? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BrannMuffinz View Post
                  Didnt know i was doing an engine swap!? Lol
                  You'll have a turbo or something done to it before summer. Don't worry. The boost bug may not have bitten yet.

Comment

You really did get a super good deal on that Festiva.
                    I bought an 89 L automatic a couple of years ago with a little less mileage that yours and paid 1800 for it.
                    It's looks so clean... My seats were like those before I replaced them with some from an 88 Mercury Tracer and sold my original covers.
                    If the silicone spray doesn't do the trick, you can replace the rubber window channel and the nylon grommets.
                    I happen to have some extra right side channels on the shelf in my garage... let me know if you decide to do that and I'll give you a good deal.
                    Just be careful not to damage the actuator trying to force the window.. good ones are not easy to come by.
                    Last edited by 1990new; 04-07-2016, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Looks just like my first festiva- an 88 like yours the paint just a shade darker- I sometimes called it my "Coke can on wheels" because the color was exactly Coke can red-
                      I also paid $700 for it. $900 actually then with smog and California registration- at Sunset Ford in Westminster California- in 1997
                      It was a classified ad n the LA Times- and I had seem one in Hollywood with a plate that read "Spaz Pod" and when I looked in at the folded down back seat I thought- 'hey that really does have a lot of space back there!" More at least than the 84 300 Z I had been driving.
                      Have fun!htd

Here it is below- with my own first car a 1949 Willy's wagon I got for $220 back in 1970 in high school.
                      The 91 Festy I have now was more orange-gy, but I've put some Metallic red spray paint on it and darkened it up a bit.

Comment

Welcome to the Florida Festiva family.
                        Great lookin' Festy, you made a killing.
                        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Awesome find! Its in really good condition for the price.
                          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                          sigpic
                          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                            You really did get a super good deal on that Festiva.
                            I bought an 89 L automatic a couple of years ago with a little less mileage that yours and paid 1800 for it.
                            It's looks so clean... My seats were like those before I replaced them with some from an 88 Mercury Tracer and sold my original covers.
                            If the silicone spray doesn't do the trick, you can replace the rubber window channel and the nylon grommets.
                            I happen to have some extra right side channels on the shelf in my garage... let me know if you decide to do that and I'll give you a good deal.
                            Just be careful not to damage the actuator trying to force the window.. good ones are not easy to come by.
                            thanks for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by harpon View Post
                              Looks just like my first festiva- an 88 like yours the paint just a shade darker- I sometimes called it my "Coke can on wheels" because the color was exactly Coke can red-
                              I also paid $700 for it. $900 actually then with smog and California registration- at Sunset Ford in Westminster California- in 1997
                              It was a classified ad n the LA Times- and I had seem one in Hollywood with a plate that read "Spaz Pod" and when I looked in at the folded down back seat I thought- 'hey that really does have a lot of space back there!" More at least than the 84 300 Z I had been driving.
                              Have fun!htd

Here it is below- with my own first car a 1949 Willy's wagon I got for $220 back in 1970 in high school.
                              The 91 Festy I have now was more orange-gy, but I've put some Metallic red spray paint on it and darkened it up a bit.
                              thats awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X