Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas on how i can knock out this dent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on how i can knock out this dent?

My Festiva has a sizable dent on the drivers side, right in front of the rear tire.

Any ideas on how i can get it out myself?

here's a pic...

dent festiva.jpg

I have taken some pretty big dents out by placing a deflated basketball behind the dent and SLOWLY inflating the ball. You may have to deflate it and move it around a couple of times but it does work. Sometimes it helps to have someone pulling from the outside with a plunger at the same time. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinsin63 View Post
      I have taken some pretty big dents out by placing a deflated basketball behind the dent and SLOWLY inflating the ball. You may have to deflate it and move it around a couple of times but it does work. Sometimes it helps to have someone pulling from the outside with a plunger at the same time. Good luck!
      thanks for the advice! I bought a little dent puller, but im having trouble finding a flat spot to suction on to. Especially with that trim in the way.

Comment

You'll probably have to take some interior panels out and do it from behind. As nice as your car is, I would swing by a paintless dent repair place and get an estimate.
        Rick
        1993 Ford Festiva
        1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
        1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
        2000 Ford E350

Comment

You know BrannMuffinz, your car sure looks alot like mine. The color is pretty close. Of course it is a little different, mine is now a convertible.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by milehighbear; 04-07-2016, 05:18 PM.
          Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
          93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
            You know BrannMuffinz, your car sure looks alot like mine. The color is pretty close. Of course it is a little different, mine is now a convertible.
            thats cool as heck!
            Last edited by BrannMuffinz; 04-08-2016, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X