B6T Swap Tips wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6T Swap Tips wanted

Finally about to start on my swap! Ill be wrapping up my other build this weekend and starting on the festiva next week. Any tips or tricks that you guys have found out would be great to know before hand!

I cant wait to get going on this. Been here talking about it way to much time to do something!!!
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

I found this to be a valuable resource! That swap was done with a Capri setup so keep in mind that there are a couple of minor differences with the Mazda 323 parts. There are a couple of people on the forum that have been extremely helpful, shadetree and advancedynamix to name just two, during my build.

You could check out my build thread too. It's taken a few twists and turns along the way but I'm getting really close!!!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

whoot

Comment

My suggestion is use a later protege,egt,tracer trans. There more commonly available and have stronger casings. The festival store will soon have a conversion plate for the hydro trans.

Comment

I already have a trans for the job from the capri.
          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
          1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
          19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

turbo engine swap forum

Comment

Working...
            X