• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda 1.6L DOHC 4-cylinder

for my stock 1.3 festiva manual 1993
    motor swap from a
    1991 Mercury Capri automatic
    thoughts / concerns/ sugestions/ advice ??? its on local craigs list

my 93 has 220 thousand miles, leaking oil but running good,, i'm not looking for a turbo car want to keep the mpg/ dependability ,, just thinking about pulled and freshening my motor soo was wondering about moving up to a B6

Comment

I have the dohc 1.6 in my 90. It's a blast! It's the motor it should have been born with.
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

thanks team lightning basically looking for swap info/ issues

Comment

Advancedynamix is the guy to talk to. Its a really easy swap. According to him you can run it on the factory EFI setup no problem. So no wiring, injectors, ecu, etc.

Its a great balance of power, mileage, and drivability. Very smooth and managable.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

yeah I was just reading through his sticky, any problems with it being an auto car swapping to my manual

Comment

Originally posted by errjam View Post
              yeah I was just reading through his sticky, any problems with it being an auto car swapping to my manual
              Throttle body type.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Wire it like the b6t and your good to go or run it on b3 electronics like Brad said. I'm running mine one the capri stuff super easy . The auto and manual capris where the same wiring I believe they had slightly lower compression ratio and different cams then the manual but I could be wrong on that.
                My b6d is from a manual car and has good power and gets 40+ when I'm not driving the crap out of it .
                Heck it still gets 35 when I'm running it pretty hard.
                Last edited by william; 04-17-2016, 06:33 PM.

Comment

""One thing to note about all of these engines is the ECU and TPS differences between manual and automatic transmission cars. The throttle position sensor is different between manual and automatic transmission cars and will not interchange. Manual transmission cars have a 2-plug ECU while automatic transmission cars have a 3-plug. These ECU's will not interchange without serious splicing!! It is best to get an engine from a car with the same transmission that you have.""
                  this is the sorta reading that worries me

Comment

I believe that's from the BP guide though right?
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                    X