LED conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED conversions

Has anyone tried the LED headlight conversions?

Post 57120
    Last edited by bravekozak; 04-24-2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Sorry not interested in painting my tail lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker View Post
        Has anyone tried the LED headlight conversions?
        Led headlights are difficult because an led bulb is very difficult to focus. You can get small light bars that would fit in the factory head light location. But in terms of a factory replacement led bulb, you won't find one for headlights

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

??
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I have LED bulbs in my stock housings, The glare is higher but not terrible. They are much wider and brighter than stock. However, since they are not properly focused, they do not have a very good distance. I alleviated this by adding spotlights to the bumper. I use them like high beams.

Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
            Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
            Feel free to PM me anytime!
            Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
            Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
              Led headlights are difficult because an led bulb is very difficult to focus. You can get small light bars that would fit in the factory head light location. But in terms of a factory replacement led bulb, you won't find one for headlights

PLENTY of drop-in LED headlight bulbs out there now. I think they're in the same boat as HID retrofits though. Terrible beam pattern.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                PLENTY of drop-in LED headlight bulbs out there now. I think they're in the same boat as HID retrofits though. Terrible beam pattern.
                Yeah, leds are super directional and that doesn't work well in a stock incandescent housing

Comment

I installed HID's. Only complaint was they screwed up the daytime running lights on my car and they will probably self destruct if you dont always have them on while driving
                  They were way brighter and if you aim them properly they dont annoy other drivers. Expect to only see twice as far as mid grade halogens. If you aim them to see 5x as far youll blind everyone else. I have not tried LED's though, sorry. Maybe its different on other cars with HID's but they work alright in the stock festiva headlamps. They dont shine all over, they shine in the same areas as halogens, you just have to actually aim them.
                  LED's are probably a lot different though, depends on the bulb design and how long it is, but they could work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

even factory xenon, HID, annoy me especially on cuv/suv n trucks. guess my eyes are getting old but doesn't help when some ricer plugs the latest wonder bulb from pep boys into a halogen reflector and fluted glass/plastic with no intention or clue to at least re-aim. wish law enforcement would start cracking down on these illegal mods.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                      even factory xenon, HID, annoy me especially on cuv/suv n trucks. guess my eyes are getting old but doesn't help when some ricer plugs the latest wonder bulb from pep boys into a halogen reflector and fluted glass/plastic with no intention or clue to at least re-aim. wish law enforcement would start cracking down on these illegal mods.
                      We don't want law enforcement cracking down on car mods. There's literally no stopping that ticketing train once they start.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Has anyone tried just replaces the entire glass piece with something similar to these?

They make a bunch of different sizes. I figure with a little welding or something maybe you could make it fit and still be adjustable. Thought?
                          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                          sigpic
                          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Funny you mention those, I've been looking at doing the same thing but with a Harley road glide assembly.
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I'll Pioneer it for everyone. I like that 5x7 shape. Anyone with a guess how big the factory housing is

Comment

Working...
                              X