Flywheel Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel Question

Hi guys, I just pulled the engine out of my Festiva and removed the trans to get ready for my B8 swap this Friday, and I want to get an opinion on the condition of my flywheel. It looks a little burnt, but seems even. There are no visible cracks that I can see, but there are a few small chips. The pressure plate also has a few slightly burnt areas but I have a replacement that came with my clutch kit.

Heres the link to my photobucket, where the pictures are.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

So my question is, do you think I need to replace the flywheel? The swap is on Friday and I do not have time to get it machined, or ship in a new one. So basically, this one HAS to work. Even for a little while until I'm able to get a new one.
    So what can I do until then? I've heard of sanding it as a sort of a budget "resurfacing", but what grade sand paper do I use?

Thanks guys.
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Best to just take it in for resurfacing. Why skimp on something like a clutch job where you might have to go in and do it again.

Comment

Try some #220 sandpaper wrapped around a wood block. You want to get the glaze off the face. If you can get the glaze off, you should be good for a while.
      You gonna race that thing?
      http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Working...
      X