First Hello Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Hello Post

Hello, FordFestiva.com. After a couple months of lurking I've decided to add my 2 cents on the forums. This is my 1989 Festiva L, it's a Carb'd 4 Speed car with currently 193,6XX on the clock. I've owned my Festi for nearly 7 months and put a little over 6,000 miles since buying it, and it's been one of the best ownership experiences I've had so far (previous car being a Mercedes E420). I payed $300 for it on a whim and have gotten more than my moneys worth out of it. The car had a newish clutch (10k miles), tires had less than 5k miles on them, and by word of mouth was told that the motor was rebuilt at 98k miles. After 7 months of ownership I've spent less than a grand including the cost of the car and registering it, (not including gas/insurance obviously). It has its fair share of issues I plan on addressing, It idles rough due to an original rich-running carb, and it has the occasional sticky throttle and sometimes it decides that the headlights aren't going to turn on. Besides some small issues I've never had a serious problem with my Festy.

So far Mods I've done include:
    Chalkboard painted bumpers (Pics and new thread coming soon)
    Bosozoku Exhaust w/ cherrybomb glasspack
    Fog lights (work in progress)
    Bucket seats out of a Honda Prelude
    FB RX7 steering wheel

Future Mods will be:
    Cut Springs
    14" wheels
    1" spacers
    Roof basket
    Aspire brakes
    5Spd trans
    EFI conversion or EFI 1.3 Swap
    And If I ever get really bored a 35 shot of nitrous.

I threw in some pics showing the car throughout my time having it, I'll get together some better more-up-to-date pics showing off all the exterior mods. any and all feedback is appreciated, I get plenty of thumbs up driving it around.

20160131_225822.jpg20160310_100650.jpg20160313_165616.jpg20160131_233214.jpg20160202_164058.jpg
    89 Festiva L, Carb'd and 4 Speed.

Welcome. Your car looks nice.
    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

THATs a GOOD LOOKIN' Steeve, welcome!
      Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

welcomsign

You may want to consider a non-computer carb option. Big difference in tunibility and power.

Comment

Working...
        X