VJ14 LET GO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VJ14 LET GO!

I knew it was only a matter of time but it finally happened. I was in town and cops were going nuts chasing someone!!! They were going every different direction. I decided to play catch up. I won the game but lost the war. Turbo let go. Its all good tho. Ill have my backup vj14 put in tomorrow. Ill also have the stock down pipe put back on tomorrow. Ill have it limited to 16psi finally.

Not quite ready to go big turbo so now its time to turn the music up and cruise!
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
    I knew it was only a matter of time but it finally happened. I was in town and cops were going nuts chasing someone!!! They were going every different direction. I decided to play catch up. I won the game but lost the war. Turbo let go. Its all good tho. Ill have my backup vj14 put in tomorrow. Ill also have the stock down pipe put back on tomorrow. Ill have it limited to 16psi finally.

Not quite ready to go big turbo so now its time to turn the music up and cruise!
    Port the wastegate a bit while it's off. Make sure that's with the exhaust housing removed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting to work on her now!
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

what?

Comment

Bolts holding the turbo to the manifold ALL snapped off. I can cut flats on the studs and turn them out but im kinda thinking them wont budge.

What should i do? Not enought thread to reattach the new tubo but enough to work with on getting the studs taken out.
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Heat and cold.

Shock them loose before you start trying to turn them. Even if it's just a little bottle torch you can get at a hardware store. Get them as hot as possible and then soak them down with water a few times.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Weld on old allen wrenches and turn them out with a wrench using heat.

Comment

If you have the room I like using a small pipe wrench.
                And yes heat. And tapping around them if you can helps too.

Comment

So i got the manifold bolts out with a torch and quench. I also hit the bolt inward with a hammer a couple times. Grinded a flat of 2 side and out they came! Got the new turbo all hooked up and going good as well. I also put the stock down pipe back on. Sadly i didnt have time to port the wastegate. It now does not creep past 17ish. Im goint to get the exhaust finished up this week and hope to have boost creep down to 16 max then!

But shes good to go now!
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                  X