Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick a direction. Which way did you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick a direction. Which way did you choose?

You can figure the performance of a car in terms of POWER to WEIGHT ratio. So what you do:
    You start with a car that is as small as you can find - and stuff a lot more power into it. Right?

If you are hunting for a car that is as light as possible to stuff a huge powerplant into - the Festiva is one of a few that is ideal.
    *There is of course also the Fiat 500

But the opposite direction to pick is to find a way for fuel mileage to extend as far as possible, and it also calls for reducing the aerodynamic drag on it, so perhaps a tall body like the Festiva is less than perfect without modification. But it still has a lot to say for it...

It is as light as you can get, really. So in some ways a perfect choice.

WHICH WAY DID YOU GO?
    And WHY?

Go look at this video, and it will BLAST you out of your preconceptions.

BIG can be stuffed into SMALL:

We are entering a new dimension in "HOTRODS", and though the video language is in German and Italian - I think you can "GET IT":

If you followed that last - the impression you get is that too much power is too much - but yet, power and control with the right stickiness works. So where are the limits for the cars we modify?

I guess it's a matter of personal choice...
    Last edited by Greywolf; 05-11-2016, 01:28 AM.
    Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

The reason I showed you that, is because if you are going to dream at all....

DREAM BIG!

The only thing limiting you, is yourself
    Last edited by Greywolf; 05-11-2016, 01:40 AM.
    Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Those were great vids! Strangely, somehow I feel like smoking a cigarette now.....
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I love the wheels on that car

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

When the rubber hits the pavement though, the standard layout of a Festiva will destroy any of those cars on a race track. There is no equal to an ultra light FWD car with a high power to weight ratio. A simple B6t swap into a Festiva will produce a car capable of literally lapping supercars on a road coarse. I can say this with confidence, as I have passed cars like the Lotus Exige, the Ferrari F430, Porsche 991tt, Nissan GTR and lots of Z06 corvettes in a simple b6t swapped festiva that is just as capable of runs to the grocery store as it is making sports cars look silly.
          Not to take away from the quality of those fiat builds though. That is some very nice work and those cars are neat to watch, but they are not serious performers. Mid/rear or rear engine cars are difficult to drive on the limit. They tend you spin around in circles when asked to corner on the very edge of sanity. A festiva however is like a cheat code in the racing game. Full throttle fun will straighten the car, rather than spin it. These little box cars may look like they were never meant for a race track, but looks are deceiving.

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-11-2016, 10:57 PM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Cheating in that last pic, aren't we Charlie? :p
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              Cheating in that last pic, aren't we Charlie? :p
              Sure looks like it to me; a Pagenaud move! Though maybe his right front is on the white line.
              Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
              Icetiva-3-race-car-build
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

Technically, the cones designate where the track is. Lol. The nice thing about having lots of suspension is that I can run over anything in between the cones at angry speeds.

In a festiva, traditional lines are a thing of the past. Any line can be fast (even the off road ones or the ones covered in track debris). Cheating is easy in these little go karts.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-12-2016, 10:27 AM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Taming the Cobra.

Comment

maybe re-name your car MONGOOSE.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      When the rubber hits the pavement though, the standard layout of a Festiva will destroy any of those cars on a race track. There is no equal to an ultra light FWD car with a high power to weight ratio. A simple B6t swap into a Festiva will produce a car capable of literally lapping supercars on a road coarse. I can say this with confidence, as I have passed cars like the Lotus Exige, the Ferrari F430, Porsche 991tt, Nissan GTR and lots of Z06 corvettes in a simple b6t swapped festiva that is just as capable of runs to the grocery store as it is making sports cars look silly.
                      Not to take away from the quality of those fiat builds though. That is some very nice work and those cars are neat to watch, but they are not serious performers. Mid/rear or rear engine cars are difficult to drive on the limit. They tend you spin around in circles when asked to corner on the very edge of sanity. A festiva however is like a cheat code in the racing game. Full throttle fun will straighten the car, rather than spin it. These little box cars may look like they were never meant for a race track, but looks are deceiving.

What tires are you running here?
                      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                        maybe re-name your car MONGOOSE.
                        Well played sir! :-)
                        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                        X