Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential new Festiva owner...

Hey guys,
    I went to my first autocross event a couple weeks ago, got to ride in several cars, long story short I'm hooked!

Found a craigslist ad for a 1993 Festiva with the 1.8L BP swap, with several nice add ons like magnaflow resonator, obx-r header/exhaust, kyb suspenders, nice wheels, spare set of stock wheels, rear battery, new slotted rotors, stage 2 clutch, poly front bushings, southwest speed coilovers, aspire front spindles, aspire rear torsion bar...

Asking price was 2800 but when I talked to him today he lowered it to 2400. Good deal or still a bit much? Feels kinda crazy paying that much for a 1000 dollar kbb car, but pricing out the addons adds up real quick!

Also, I had no idea this was the perfect sleeper, but after spending all evening on here and youtube I'm convinced, this will be a great autox ride!
    1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Kyb suspenders eh? Do they at least look cool?
    When you look at the price you have to ask what $2400 would get you as far as another car that could match it. If this festiva is done even remotely well thats nothing. Then it depends on what shape the body is in but a stock festiva with not much wrong goes for $400-$900. Sounds like there is a lot done to that car already and to me it seems like more than $1500 worth. This car can also be used as a daily driver still right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmm, well I want the car if you don't get it :-)
      $2400 is a bit pricey but like Ryan says it all about your perception of the car, the quality of the upgrades, and the condition it is in.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Comment

One big thing you want to find out is which transmission is in it. If its a stock festiva transmission that kinda kills it for me. You have to baby them with that much power going through them.

The other thing is the body. If its rusty, no thanks.

But for 2400 with a healthy BP and full brake and coilover swap, as long as theres no bad rusty spots I would accept the stock trans I think. Just be prepared to dive in several hundred more to get a G trans in at some point.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the info guys! Picking it up this week. Talked him down to 2200 htd

Comment

Welcome!

I'm sure you'll love us here, and love your new Festiva.

These cars are unbelievably cheap, easy, and fun to customize and work on. But looks like someone already did all the big stuff for you.

Stage 2 clutch is fine, but when doing my research, the Spec clutches really are not all that great, and their company has poor customer support. Exedy is the best choice for all applications, plus it will slip enough so you don't grenade your stock transmission.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Aha, good info! Thanks for the welcome!

Picked up the Beastiva today - cant wait to sort her out and get some autox goin!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch View Post
                    I saw it listed and wanted to go take a look at it but never did. Glad that you got it.

Comment

right on man, do you race with autocross northwest?

Comment

just an update, I came across the original builder of this car by chance on facebook and here's the actual build list:

Engine: Hot Tank, Chem Cleaned, Honed with TRW Chromo Piston Rings, KING bearings, 10 under. Decked 1MM. Full rebuild on the head. New Oil Pump, New Water Pump, New Timing Kit. Full FelPro Gasket kit. Bhanoff Organic Clutch, resurfaced flywheel. 'Festiva' New Cap, Rotor, Coolant flush. New Fuel Pump and relays. EGT ECU.

Tranny: Mazda E Series
                        New half Shafts
                        New Shift Forks
                        Output Seals

Suspension:
                        Aspire front and rear control arms and rear hoop
                        EBC Green Stuff Pads
                        EBC front Rotors
                        If there are lines on it still, they are Goodrich EGT lines
                        KYB GR2 fronts, Mazda 323, GR2 rears, Aspire
                        Front Springs: 175lbs Rear Springs: 135lbs

Battery Box was in the rear and was a Moroso setup

Comment

Was he on the forums? That is a lot of specific mods to have done without using the forums haha
                          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                          Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                          Feel free to PM me anytime!
                          Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                          Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Haha probably, I'll ask

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch View Post
                              just an update, I came across the original builder of this car by chance on facebook and here's the actual build list:

Engine: Hot Tank, Chem Cleaned, Honed with TRW Chromo Piston Rings, KING bearings, 10 under. Decked 1MM. Full rebuild on the head. New Oil Pump, New Water Pump, New Timing Kit. Full FelPro Gasket kit. Bhanoff Organic Clutch, resurfaced flywheel. 'Festiva' New Cap, Rotor, Coolant flush. New Fuel Pump and relays. EGT ECU.

Tranny: Mazda E Series
                              New half Shafts
                              New Shift Forks
                              Output Seals

Suspension:
                              Aspire front and rear control arms and rear hoop
                              EBC Green Stuff Pads
                              EBC front Rotors
                              If there are lines on it still, they are Goodrich EGT lines
                              KYB GR2 fronts, Mazda 323, GR2 rears, Aspire
                              Front Springs: 175lbs Rear Springs: 135lbs

Battery Box was in the rear and was a Moroso setup
                              Nice build things that worry me are they changed the rings it's been known you can beat a set of Mazda rings if you clean them up and the E series a very weak transmission other than that awesome car man

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                              Festiver
                              93 L find/5 speed
                              BP/g15mr swapped
                              Aspire brake swapped
                              Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                              stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                              rustful
                              maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                              advanced suspension
                              kai/skeeter camber
                              b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Working...
                              X