Charlie's new swap motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie's new swap motor

I expect Charlie will be installing this motor in a Festiva in the near future.....
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Why 4 turbos though. I'd hate to replace one. It's bad enough on twin turbo v engines

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
      Why 4 turbos though. I'd hate to replace one. It's bad enough on twin turbo v engines
      Because they couldn't fit 5 in there.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I can't figure out why car manufacturers use multiple smalls over one big. Ever seen a 3000gt vr4? Omg that pipe routing. That engine bay is a jungle. Or the eco boost f150. More than enough room for a single, which would keep costs down. But maybe it's cause of exhaust cracks, that's why they place them right at the head.

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
          I can't figure out why car manufacturers use multiple smalls over one big. Ever seen a 3000gt vr4? Omg that pipe routing. That engine bay is a jungle. Or the eco boost f150. More than enough room for a single, which would keep costs down. But maybe it's cause of exhaust cracks, that's why they place them right at the head.

Multiple Turbos of different sizes spool at different speeds, they are just there to try and minimize turbo lag.

You could probably buy like 20 rust free Festivas for what that engine would cost. lol
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
          X