vj14 to t25/t28 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vj14 to t25/t28 Questions

So im getting away from the vj14 turbo and going to a t25/t25 hybrid turbo -this one ( http://www.twistedmotionlv.com/apps/...s/show/4435609 ). I plan to get an adapter plate off ebay for the short term. Stock manifold will be reused. New ecu will go in and car will be tuned for the turbo. Might get some new injectors as well. Not sure which to get yet tho. I now know of the rx-7 injectors but new 550cc are less then 200 anyway!

Anyway- going to the new turbo means i need new oil and coolant lines going to the turbo. Does the standard t25 use the same threads as the vj14? What is a good cheap but not junk place to get oil and coolant lines?

Is the 5 bolt flange the same as the flange on the vj14?

Can someone send me the page that listed the stock turbo feed thread sizes?

Cant wait to get the parts and post pictures and build details...
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
    So im getting away from the vj14 turbo and going to a t25/t25 hybrid turbo -this one ( http://www.twistedmotionlv.com/apps/...s/show/4435609 ). I plan to get an adapter plate off ebay for the short term. Stock manifold will be reused. New ecu will go in and car will be tuned for the turbo. Might get some new injectors as well. Not sure which to get yet tho. I now know of the rx-7 injectors but new 550cc are less then 200 anyway!

Anyway- going to the new turbo means i need new oil and coolant lines going to the turbo. Does the standard t25 use the same threads as the vj14? What is a good cheap but not junk place to get oil and coolant lines?

Is the 5 bolt flange the same as the flange on the vj14?

Can someone send me the page that listed the stock turbo feed thread sizes?

Cant wait to get the parts and post pictures and build details...
    T25 signifies your exhaust housing and bolt pattern on the inlet. Outlet flanges, and oil coolant passes are part of the chra, which is typically independent of the housing indicator.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I see. Ok. The turbo I linked is t25/t28. I'll get them to give me the size of the inlets for oil and such. Just need the size of the oil and coolant ports on the b6t.

Hmm need to get a t28 exhaust downpipe as well then...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
      Last edited by mikemounlio; 05-26-2016, 07:33 PM.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I see. Ok. The turbo I linked is t25/t28. I'll get them to give me the size of the inlets for oil and such. Just need the size of the oil and coolant ports on the b6t.

Hmm need to get a t28 exhaust downpipe as well then...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
        I don't think a t28 downpipe is a thing. Most exhaust housing outlets can come a multitude of ways. But if you look for a 5 bolt downpipe flange I bet that's what you want

Comment

I get it now. The 5 bolt flanges on ebay have 2 different bolt patterns on each. I didnt know why they had so many hole until i found a diagram of them!

So the new turbo has m12x1.25 oil feed and needs a 1.5mm restrictor.

So what is the b6t stock oil feed line? Ill need to find a soft line that adapts block to turbo i guess,
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

any chance the oil feed is the same as on the sr20 turbos? If so i could order their upgrade oil feed kit.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I don't have the slightest clue.

Comment

I just use plumbing brass fittings. Although my ST turbo came with all the fittings and banjo bolts

Comment

Check my build thread similar turbo except mine is ball bearing. You can buy the ebay turbo line kit but there usally to long. You need to get the fitting that threads into the block. Its a funny thread like bst. If you search the miata forum youll find it. I may have an extra one but ill need to dig.

Comment

Also the thing with the adapter plate you need to make sure the turbo is not going to hit the block. I dont think i have seen anyone run an adapter on a b6t? I believe ive seen them on bp-t though.

Comment

Actully quick google search brang up a b6t with adapter. So here is a idea of what your in for.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The problem with a t25 on a stock manifold with a adapter is that the turbo oil drain ends up pretty low. That makes it hard to get a correct angle on the oil drain line. It's do able but it's not fun.
                        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

I guess ill have to make something up here! Had not thought about this yet.

Could i make the drain loop around and then back into the pan? Or does it need to be free flowing straight to the pan?
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Whats my best option for getting ride of the vj14? I need to do this quick and for not much cash. I can dump more into it later on but i want to get a better turbo system then the stock. I dont need 1000hp but 200+ is kinda needed.

I was told Lucifer was 203hp at 7200rpm at 20 psi on the vj14. I can say that it did pull pretty dang hard. If i could hit 200+ but not at only 7200 i would be happy. 250 and ill stop asking so many questions!!!

Whats my options?
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Whats my best option for getting ride of the vj14? I need to do this quick and for not much cash. I can dump more into it later on but i want to get a better turbo system then the stock. I dont need 1000hp but 200+ is kinda needed.

I was told Lucifer was 203hp at 7200rpm at 20 psi on the vj14. I can say that it did pull pretty dang hard. If i could hit 200+ but not at only 7200 i would be happy. 250 and ill stop asking so many questions!!!

Whats my options?
                              Sounds like you just need to get to fabricating

Comment

Working...
                              X