No announcement yet.

vj14 to t25/t28 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a bit more then just 12 out of it. looks like a new turbo is needed for me.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Turbo is ordered! Now i need to find some injectors in the 450-500 range, the manifold adapter to t25, get my ecu hooked up, get a cheap laptop to tune with, and get the tuner ready. Need to have this done in a month or less. I dont want to miss race number 2.

might as well add in my new honda radiator and do the front core support while i wait.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

550cc rx7 high impedance is what you want.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Mike I don't recall but which ecu are you going to use?

Comment

[emoji849]
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
              How? The vj14 i just put on it was at 15 psi and it didnt last. I think i saw 18 on the last oone one time. Im still going away from the vj14 tho! Just want to get something now that i can still work with later on. I still plan to swap to a g series. Still gonna get a custom mani made. Still looking at a custom intake. Gonna make the car how i want it but stuff takes time. Lots of projects at the house besides just this car to worry about.
              I have explained how several times. 2" exhaust, stock tune, stock diverter valve routing, stock intake and airbox. It cranks along with Z06 corvettes all day and has for around 100K through 2 owners. Quite a few people on here have ran stock B6t swaps for years and years with hardly any trouble.

Mike, To put things in perspective. I have a pile of ball bearing garrett turbos, I have b6d head flanges here at my shop and all the tubing necessary to build a header. When I put Tweak together with it's new engine (after trying to run a hybrid charger on a chipped ecu and blowing the engine and turbo up in 1 weekend) I chose to run a minty fresh bone stock setup. Why? It's reliable and fast. I have extensive experience building turbosystems, and extensive experience making cars fast. I know better than to fix something that isn't broken. The stock b6t/festiva combo is magical to drive. It's a rare balance.
              I would fix the existing issues with your system before throwing a bigger turbo at it. Your blow off valve is most likely one of the major contributions to your failures, your exhaust is as well. With those issues, the management system is not properly controlling your fuel and your not getting the power or drivability that you could be getting.

Just my .02
              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-28-2016, 03:24 PM.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                I have explained how several times. 2" exhaust, stock tune, stock diverter valve routing, stock intake and airbox. It cranks along with Z06 corvettes all day and has for around 100K through 2 owners. Quite a few people on here have ran stock B6t swaps for years and years with hardly any trouble.
                I get all that but i want more power then that. 15-16 psi was ok but i could use more power. So the only way to get there is to ditch the vj. The turbo i got will get me going. As i upgrade i can reuse these parts on my other car if i dont go bp
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

It gets a lot more complicated than just slapping a bigger turbo on. Your better off starting from scratch. This road has been crossed by many before this and it gets involved. If you just properly fix this car and build another with this enthusiasm, you'll atleast have one to drive. I've seen this stuff turn a nice car into a never finished or driven again project wayyyyyy too many times. I just hope this doesn't go that direction. This is a nice car and FM10 is coming up.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Well I'm full on down the road already. Car will live again. I have the money to play with so it's not to big of a deal. I'm going to a bigger turbo and doing the mods to support it. I'm not going to throw it togeter.

It will be alive very soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I'm not replacing the manifold just yet due to time mostly and budget. I have other projects I like to spend on so I split up my spending cash as needed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Cool..keep us posted with pics please as you are getting this stuff all together.

Comment

Is there a limit to how long a tube of a turbo header can be. I'm looking at 1.44" id schedule 10 and wondering if 3 foot runners are too much. It's difficult finding tubular turbo config info. Plenty of folks with na header maths

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X