My Festiva is like a fat girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Festiva is like a fat girl

I'm ashamed to be seen with it, but it's faithful and does everything I ask. And it's always full of gas.

how dare you be ashamed of a Festiva!!!
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

that's a great comparison ! they both aim to please lol

Comment

When Charlie goes racing, all the other drivers are ashamed to be seen with their cars......Nothing like having your $60K track car passed by a disposable econobox! :banghead:
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

[QUOTE=PW Dbag;718062]I'm ashamed to be seen with it, but it's faithful and does everything I ask. And it's always full of gasis in/QUOTE]

Hey now, I have a Festy and a fat GF (I actually prefer BBW) love them both but notice a significant loss of power when she is riding along.

Comment

This is killing me!
            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by PW Dbag View Post
              I'm ashamed to be seen with it, but it's faithful and does everything I ask. And it's always full of gas.
              I think you need to send it to me. I've had mine for 26 yrs and I've never been ashamed of it.
              Jerry
              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
              90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
              92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
              93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

When i got my ist one a few years back gas was reasonable.I noticed a lot of other drivers laughing with me which i enjoyed.By the time gas eclipsed 4.25 a gal i was mostly getting looks of curiosity and envy!

Comment

Tiny cars definitely have advantages but fitting in to the "bigger is better" trend among US auto consumers is not one of them! Where I live about 50 per cent of the other cars on the road are trucks...usually crew cabs with a lift and huge tires etc. I consider myself a truck guy so it makes me feel rather insignificant but damn, my festy has been such a great car I can't help but love the dang thing.

Comment

Fitting in is overrated. Trucks need to go back to being utilitarian vehicles only.

Nothing more stupid IMO than having a big truck and not using it anywhere near its potential, and if you do, it's usually once or twice a year to help someone else move. Lol

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
                    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Every where I go strangers like to ask me about my Fiesta,Rabbit,or Yugo lol.

Comment

My neighbor asked if My Festiva was a Yugo just the other day...
                        "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                        sigpic
                        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                        "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                        "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                        "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I always wanted a Yugo! I came close to buying one in the early 90s until I took it for a test drive and found out how cheap it felt. Still, I regret never owning one, especially because of how rare they are now. The few I have seen in the last decade are fetching collector prices.

Pretty much the same story with the early Rabbits but that was a well built car. I'd probably buy one if I came across one for a fair price and didn't have my Festy.

Comment

I adopted a philosophy many years ago that I found just about totally encapsulated everything that I think matters in six letters or less:

UBU/IBI
                            The meaning is extensive, but in the basic version, YOU be YOU, I will be MYSELF...

It came to me when I realized just how much we waste trying to be what we think other people want us to be like, or what they think is cool. It discards all of the stuff that TV, radio, and any other form of peer pressure attempts to program us with. It is about simply asking myself: "What do I LIKE? What do I want?"

also:

"Do I want this because of ME? Or is it a thing I want or am doing because of outside influences?"

~Think of it as a polite way to say "(F) the Joneses..." :laughing5:

And one of the really nice things about my Festivas is that they embody that. They do exactly what I want a car to do, have a huge amount of load space, are amazingly customizable, and are a blast to drive. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I like them.

I don't miss my big trucks and land barges at all, especially when it comes time to fill one of them up! :tm:

~It also includes the notion that other people are allowed to be THEMSELVES. It isn't my job or business to change them anymore than it is theirs to change or influence me...

We are who we are, and it is what it is

You would be amazed at just how much useless stuff you can let go of when you think in these terms.
                            ~And sometimes letting go is very important
                            Last edited by Greywolf; 06-08-2016, 01:35 PM.
                            Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Working...
                            X