No announcement yet.

New Guy...Just picked up a 93 Ford Festiva 5sp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you tell where it is leaking fluid from? Is it spraying from those lines when the peddle is depressed? or is it leaking from something higher and then dripping down?
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

im not sure. I parked the car and will look at it this weekend. I didn't have time to poke around under the car

Comment

Is it leaking out of the line or at a joint and running down?
        Hope it a joint.. I've never done it myself but I understand that replacing a brake line can be quite a pain.
        I just checked the weather in St. Louis and the current forecast is for a high of 97 today... and I will be arriving there at 2:30.
        Not a good day to work on brake lines.

I see someone else asked the same question and posted while I was typing.
        Last edited by 1990new; 06-15-2016, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
          Is it leaking out of the line or at a joint and running down?
          Hope it a joint.. I've never done it myself but I understand that replacing a brake line can be quite a pain.
          I just checked the weather in St. Louis and the current forecast is for a high of 97 today... and I will be arriving there at 2:30.
          Not a good day to work on brake lines.

I see someone else asked the same question and posted while I was typing.
          Its been nasty hot here and very humid for the past 5 days. I wasn't about to crawl up under that car last night..lol

Comment

First place I'd check is the rear brakes wheel cylinders.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Think it has something to do with wheel cylinders? fluid is dripping from under the car not at the rear tires.

the picture I took is under the driver seat area.

Comment

Mine was leaking from the Wheel Cylinders, Master Cylinder, and the Proportioning Valve/Distribution Block. Check your firewall under your Master Cylinder and under the Distribution Block to see if it is dripping down the Firewall. If it is leaking from the Wheel Cylinders the inside of your rear wheels will have brake fluid on it. Also I know its not near where you found the fluid but you might want to check where your rubber brake lines bolt into the metal ones.

If your going to do anything with the lines make sure you pick up a 10mm Flare Nut Wrench and probably some PB Blaster so that you don't strip them out.
                "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                sigpic
                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Ended up filling the brake fluid reservoir and I've been driving the crap out of the car the past few days and it isn't leaking. Brake pedal feels good too. Beats me? I'll keep driving it and keep my eye on it. Air is still blowing cold, good thing because its going to be in the mid to upper 90's almost everyday this week.

Comment

Yay More St Louis People! We need to all go to Midnight Madness soon! Also we should do a mini meet during the rallycross July 10th across from gateway!

Car #789
                    Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                    1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                    1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                    http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

What is this? I looked for a festy in St. Louis for years and never came across such a gem, for so affordable. You're a lucky dude, great find!

Comment

Your car need an orange (direct complemetary color to blue) accent.
                        You can buy some stripe and stick it on the groove in the bumpers in about five minutes.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 06-30-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

been driving the crap out of the car its doing great so far. I got use to the clutch pedal and am able to drive it like a pro now..lol

Comment

Working...
                          X