Anybody used a supertrapp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody used a supertrapp?

The aftermarket exhaust on my BP swap is loud as hell and it really isnt on the power til about 3500rpm..
    The tunable supertrapp seems like an easy way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone - quiet down exhaust tone, and provide more backpressure and therefore move the powerband a little lower hopefully.. in theory..
    1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Sounds like something I'd want. A thrush turbo with a cherry bomb as a resonator drones HORRIBLY. I drove it to and from my girlfriend's the other day, and I had ringing in my ears for like a half hour after getting off the highway.

I also noticed too that power doesn't seem to come on until around 3500 rpms.

EDIT: Nevermind, they are insanely overpriced.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-08-2016, 04:13 PM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

This is cool
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

They are insanely overpriced, but look at the design. How hard would it be to make one? Not hard at all.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I don't exactly understand how it works

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

after reading on the miata forums I am hesitant - none of em seem to like em. they claim it robs horsepower and doesn't drop dB much unless you run it with very few discs (more backpressure)

I wish I could find a decent used one to try it out, but these days everyone wants new prices on fleabay. ugh

Comment

Go to the Supertrapp website and look at the videos. It's a glasspack with a weird cap that lets you add or subtract back pressure with discs. You can make this very easily.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

I had one on a Mustang SVO back in the 80's. It sounded pretty cool, but no idea if it helped or hurt horsepower.
                Rick
                1993 Ford Festiva
                1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                2000 Ford E350

Comment

I have one on my Aspire with a 1.3. I have no Cat or Resonator,It is 1-3/4" designed for Harley Bikes. I purchased an extra disk pack from eBay to quiet it down just a bit. I have had it on the car little over a year & @ 25K miles. Only got stopped once by a Cop who said. " Hey the reason I pulled you over is because your exhaust is a little loud". And I said really? And he said no,just looking for drunk drivers. Have a nice night
                  Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                  Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                  Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Nitro, could you post a video of the sound? Does it drone at all?

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

I sure will, give me a day or two...

Comment

Sweeet, looking forward to the video! Make sure to get the revs up

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch View Post
                          Sweeet, looking forward to the video! Make sure to get the revs up
                          Always

Comment

This is what I have,found them used.I still have the other pipe sitting in my garage. You can find them on CL pretty easily. SUPERTRAPP Now dont forget they are fully servicable. Meaning you can easily disasemble them and repack the fiberglass inside.
                            Now if you just want to purchase new and have a muffler that is tunable & servicable I would look into these. SUPERTRAPP
                            Heres some pics showing the actual pipe. I just cut the fish tail off and made it look like the regular tailcone that they sell.

The Packing was still in good shape so I re-used it.

Aspire Header,1-3/4" flex Pipe,no CAT, 1 3/4" all the way to a 1 3/4" Super Trapp Muffler. My favorite exhaust to date. Very quiet at idle and mid range,sounds like a Bike after 3500 RPM.
                            I'll get some Vid's of a drive buy at WOT,Cruise & idle.Remember I dont drive show cars. Peace-
                            Last edited by nitrofarm; 06-10-2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Sweeet! Rep+

Comment

Working...
                              X