Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque Wrench Sale

If you need a click type torque wrench, now is the time to get one
    at Harbor Freight while they are on sale for $10 each.
    In Charleston anyway the 1/2, 3/8, and 1/4 are on sale from 6/10 - 6/12,
    so they may be on sale at all locations.

Works online too.

Thanks for the tip.
    harborfreight.jpg
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Looks like torque wrenches are on sale again this weekend but the price has gone up a dollar.
      http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-hal..._s1020_c3116b1

Comment

Spend the $ and buy a beam style wrench. They don't loose calibration and are more accurate. I'd only use an HF wrench for wheels, anything else requires more precision.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^ You might be surprised. I compared a cheapo click to a beam from Snap-On. It was close enough as to make no difference in the real world. Maybe at the inch-lb precision level you'd notice, but for ft-lb I don't worry about it.

Something I would note, though. The quality is not very good. Even compared to say, a $30 one from Wal-Mart I already had, they are cheap, and it shows. I would not be happy with them at regular price. Like not at all.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

I was buying cheap ones from Lowes or HF, and they would eventually (sometimes pretty soon) stop working in one of various ways. The one I have now is a Tekton 24335, and I'm happy with it.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

How is the fit and finish on that Tekton? It looks really nice.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

The Wal-Mart tire product brand used to be good too. And cheap. Mine still, probably 10 years later, matched the beam I mentioned, and feels good. Parts are nice finish and fit well.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                  How is the fit and finish on that Tekton? It looks really nice.
                  It's an impressive value at $40. Good fit/finish.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Ive had one of these for probably 8 years...
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                    X