Turbo coolant help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo coolant help!

Almost forgot to ask. As of right now I have only 1 coolant line to the turbo. I had to remove the stock line at the block! So I need another feed location.

I have the line on the crossover pipe and that it. Which line should I tap into?

Can I use another line off the crossover pipe. Just run a tee back to the turbo intake?
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
    Almost forgot to ask. As of right now I have only 1 coolant line to the turbo. I had to remove the stock line at the block! So I need another feed location.

I have the line on the crossover pipe and that it. Which line should I tap into?

Can I use another line off the crossover pipe. Just run a tee back to the turbo intake?
    You need high pressure spot and a low pressure spot. Crossover and radiator top. Pre throttle body warmer and crossover.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thermostat bypass port and coolant return to water pump.

Comment

so is the cross over low pressure
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

so is the cross over low pressure
          Yes. If by crossover you mean the heater core return pipe. Then yes. Low pressure is running back to the water pump, high pressure is running away from it

Comment

So could i tap into the line going to the heater core? Use it as my high pressure line? Or is it not enough still yet
            Last edited by mikemounlio; 06-21-2016, 08:57 PM.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

So could i tap into the line going to the heater core? Use it as my high pressure line? Or is it not enough still yet
              Yes. Depending on the car, heater cores don't always flow coolant, but the hot side should always have pressure

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                Yes. Depending on the car, heater cores don't always flow coolant, but the hot side should always have pressure

The side that runs to the hard cross over pipe is the low pressure side right? Ill get it all fixed up tomorrow i guess. Thanks!
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

The side that runs to the hard cross over pipe is the low pressure side right? Ill get it all fixed up tomorrow i guess. Thanks!
                  The turbo is going to be a restriction, but if you ran it in series on the hot side pipe you could have some wicked warm heaters in the winter.

Comment

I made a in dash heater core. i put a t in the in and out of the heater core. Ran a computer fan behind my heater core. Boom instant heat. My car gets nice and comfortable in the dead of winter now.
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                    X