higher compression ford aspire B3 Fuel injected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• higher compression ford aspire B3 Fuel injected

Hello everyone. I am from Philippines. I have a Kia Avella B3 Fuel Injected or also known as Ford Aspire in other countries. I am a DIY repair guy. I did already top overhaul, change of timing belt, water pump, oil pump and crankshaft. I did some research about non interference B series engine. My question is, would it be safe to resurface the cylinder head and remove 1.0mm to increase compression ratio? I am expecting there should be no problem if there is still enough clearance (non interference B series engine) to prevent the valve to hit the piston. I understand i need to use higher octane rating fuel to match the higher compression. Need to adjust also the ignition timing.

Would appreciate if one may share their information from actual experience.

Yes you can shave 1mm. Doing that will retard cam timing so I recommend you install an adjustable cam gear (b6d/bp gears will fit and you'll have a spare). While the head is off, remove the shelf from the exhaust runners as it is a restriction and a simple process.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
    X