Hit a new high in MPG for my car.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit a new high in MPG for my car.....

....funny how something like this get me all excited in my old age. In January I posted about only getting 35mpg in the cold. I just filled up today and putting in the numbers into fuelly I got 42.6mpg YAHOO!! Best since I have owned this car. I usually keep it around 65 on the way to work too. It has been real hot and muggy here in Michigan and I have noticed the car just seems to go down the road smoother, if that makes any sense. This spring I did take apart the back brakes and loosened everything up that was rusted. I think that helped a lot. This is the car that I reringed and found the cylinders to be all scored up and oversized. Not bad for a beat up engine.

When driving in very high humidity the engine should run smoother because you're getting free water injection.
    When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
      ....funny how something like this get me all excited in my old age. In January I posted about only getting 35mpg in the cold. I just filled up today and putting in the numbers into fuelly I got 42.6mpg YAHOO!! Best since I have owned this car. I usually keep it around 65 on the way to work too. It has been real hot and muggy here in Michigan and I have noticed the car just seems to go down the road smoother, if that makes any sense. This spring I did take apart the back brakes and loosened everything up that was rusted. I think that helped a lot. This is the car that I reringed and found the cylinders to be all scored up and oversized. Not bad for a beat up engine.
      Ur here in Michigan? What area? Im here also! Southwest Detroit

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X