5 door festiva? Kia pride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 door festiva? Kia pride

So I don't know why but I really love the 5 door Kia prides only seen them online and I was thinking I could get one and have that as my all season car and festiver will be my summer go fast car in my search I only really found them in the Philippines I found a beautiful red one with the B1 engine (neat to me) 5 speed and ac for $1100 but the +$4000 in shipping is a killer does anyone know anything about usdm 5 doors

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Festiver
    93 L find/5 speed
    BP/g15mr swapped
    Aspire brake swapped
    Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
    stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
    rustful
    maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
    advanced suspension
    kai/skeeter camber
    b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Doesn't happen here as far as I know.

Comment

virtually any car newer than 25 yrs old will be legally impossible to bring in country without costly certification unless it is labeled as meeting FMVSS and EPA standards in effect at time of manufacture. also, novelty aside, i'd think a heavier 5 door with 1.1 would be a dog.; but a cool sleeper with a transplant.

Comment

Finally found this old thread with an update there is hope I found a bunch of nice ones in Germany so instead of 4k in shipping from the Philippines now I'm looking at 1-1.5k from Germany + Germans stereotyped about keeping their dailys in good shape so + there

Festiver
        93 L find/5 speed
        BP/g15mr swapped
        Aspire brake swapped
        Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all

89 festie
        rustful

93 festie
        advanced suspension
        kai/skeeter camber
        b3t/g15mr

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
          virtually any car newer than 25 yrs old will be legally impossible to bring in country without costly certification unless it is labeled as meeting FMVSS and EPA standards in effect at time of manufacture. also, novelty aside, i'd think a heavier 5 door with 1.1 would be a dog.; but a cool sleeper with a transplant.
          I think they would be ok coming in as far as I find theres no difference safety wise than a 93 festiva and b3 is a b3 American or foreign

Festiver
          93 L find/5 speed
          BP/g15mr swapped
          Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
          rustful

93 festie
          advanced suspension
          kai/skeeter camber
          b3t/g15mr

Comment

Originally posted by Festiver View Post
            I think they would be ok coming in as far as I find theres no difference safety wise than a 93 festiva and b3 is a b3 American or foreign

I believe it is more a question of the "legalese" wording of the statutes involved than the small difference between a 25 year old car , or one that's 24 years old.
            "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
            "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
            "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
            "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
            "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
            "Wenona"-89L parts car
            "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

I know festivas are cool and all but if you are going thru the work to bring one here from across seas why wouldn't you just settle for a different car with 5 doors for the low off craigslist like idunno an old subaru or the original rav4 with 4wd too good for snow. But if you are set on the pride then you got it man!
              92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

Originally posted by fudge View Post
                I know festivas are cool and all but if you are going thru the work to bring one here from across seas why wouldn't you just settle for a different car with 5 doors for the low off craigslist like idunno an old subaru or the original rav4 with 4wd too good for snow. But if you are set on the pride then you got it man!
                because dream car stiva obsessed

Festiver
                93 L find/5 speed
                BP/g15mr swapped
                Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                rustful

93 festie
                advanced suspension
                kai/skeeter camber
                b3t/g15mr

Comment

Though I would whip a slammed Honda CR-V

Festiver
                  93 L find/5 speed
                  BP/g15mr swapped
                  Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                  rustful

93 festie
                  advanced suspension
                  kai/skeeter camber
                  b3t/g15mr

Comment

Originally posted by Festiver View Post
                    Though I would whip a slammed Honda CR-V

This makes me laugh. I would rather drive one at stock height or at least able to drive off road, my friend had one and it was fun to drive off road. But looking at it again I can respect that, it doesn't even look like a crv anymore at that height.
                    edit: look at this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...676116d1de.jpg
                    Last edited by fudge; 11-22-2016, 11:09 AM.
                    92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

This makes me laugh. I would rather drive one at stock height or at least able to drive off road, my friend had one and it was fun to drive off road. But looking at it again I can respect that, it doesn't even look like a crv anymore at that height.
                      edit: look at this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...676116d1de.jpg
                      Lol they are good family off roaders but that's too usual I have a thing for the unexpected and they look pretty awesome

Festiver
                      93 L find/5 speed
                      BP/g15mr swapped
                      Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                      rustful

93 festie
                      advanced suspension
                      kai/skeeter camber
                      b3t/g15mr

Comment

not trying to discourage you but if the car you are interested in is any newer than 1991 you will be pretty much out of luck. not talking out of my exhaust pipe as i went through the whole import process to get a JDM GTX here in pittsburgh. even though the car was just months over 25 years old, i still had to fight almost every govt, notary, and insurance drone just to get plates and registration. i have yet to get a state inspection but even that can be a hassle if they want to get picky. (DOT labels on all lenses, lights, tires, glass, mirrors)
                        basically, you will get a pass FROM THE FEDS on vehicles more than 25 model years old from current date. vehicles newer than 25 yrs can get a pass if manufactures labels are attached that state THE VEHICLE MEETS US FMVSS AND EPA REQUIREMENTS IN EFFECT AT TIME OF MANUFACTURE. or alternatively, a letter from the manufacturer STATING THE SAME. otherwise, you will be in a world of bucks getting it modified. and the mods can only be done by a certified importer.
                        also to consider: germany, or at least parts of it seems to have as bad or worse winters as here in the NE. i have gotten many used chassis and body parts from germany thru ebay and some have appalling amount of corrosion so i'd make sure to get detailed pics of the underside of whatever car you might be interested in.
                        lastly, if you do find what you want, i highly recommend contacting an import broker. for a modest fee, they will handle all the paperwork, scheduling, and shipping, saving you a lot of time and headache.

Comment

Bottom line is ONLY GAS HOGS can be sold in the U.S.-

and then- Claro que si!- it's all blamed on the EPA and environmentalists in general

I realized it finally when I was Google Street View surfing the Mediteranean area

and seein all the SMALL CARS we CAN't Buy here

Gasoline sales put them in power and we'll keep them there

And so it's the same lines of cars whether you're in Minnesota or Southern Cal or Florida.

I think 1.5 liters is about the least now 99 percent of the time ad anything less- like a Fiat- A FIAT!

is a billion gasillion dollars.

Comment

Ive read that five door Festiva's were sold in Mexico but havnt found any verification on that. Also five door hatch and sedan models were sold in central and south America. Might be a better location to get one from with cheaper shipping costs
                            93 Ford Festiva L new project-dd big plans
                            89 Ford Festiva L (snoopy) long gone
                            2002 Chevy Venture warner bros edition (wife's car, child hauler)

Comment

I can verify that 5 door KIA prides were either sold in Mexico or were imported from another country fairly regularly. I've seen 3 of them in Mexico. I've seen 5 door Prides in Belize and Guatemala as well. Getting cars into the U.S. from Mexico isn't impossible, as lots of people do it here in AZ every day.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X