Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I know that my car has always hated when it rains but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I know that my car has always hated when it rains but.....

yesterday was a new one. It was pouring down, ya know the kind where you can barely see out the window even with the wipers going full tilt. Anyway, I turned off the main road and was slowly trying to speed up and get going when the car just died. I pulled off the side of the road. Tried to start it and it would start but I could not get going or it would just die. I kept trying and then I see smoke coming up from under the hood. What the??? Its still pouring during all this so I just turn the car off and wait for the rain to let up. About 10 minutes later I pop the hood and don't see the belt or anything burnt up. She then started right up and down the road I went. What the heck?/ I'm guessing the thing was arcing like crazy? I don't know. What you guys think?

My guess is water getting into the dizzy

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Festiver
    93 L find/5 speed
    BP/g15mr swapped
    Aspire brake swapped
    Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
    stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
    rustful
    maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
    advanced suspension
    kai/skeeter camber
    b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

I think it's time to break out the classic "RAINBIRD 2000 TEST SET"
      ~ A water sprinkler

And see what happens when you simulate rain falling on it.

You CAN'T have your car fail because it rains, and somehow you have to replicate the conditions that it quit during. Shoot the front grill with a sprayer too.

Consider: You are on a road trip 100 plus miles from help, and it dies. What then? So the time to nail it down is RIGHT NOW.

I would guess that water (since rainfall is the cause) is going where it shouldn't be

A bad set of plug wires could do that, a lot of things could really - how old or nasty looking are your plug wires? If the insulation on them is iffy, all of your spark could be getting grounded when water blows through the radiator onto them.

*This is rationalization number 409 for having a spotlessly clean engine and engine compartment, and a new set of wires.
      Last edited by Greywolf; 08-01-2016, 12:25 AM.
      Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Working...
      X