MS DIY Launch/No lift shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS DIY Launch/No lift shift

I have my MS DIY box in now. I am going to hook the rocketchip back up and hope that works for now. I still need to order my wiring harness kit and all the other components for that.

For now im just looking for opinions on the 2 step (launch control), and the no lift shift features of the MS. Have you used them? DO you like them? Is it bad on the car? Just looking to chat about it and figure it out before i go getting my hopes up for something i may or may not be able to use.

From a single youtube video i have found that spark kill only (on launch control) might be pretty bad on the car. All the noise and flames and junk could damage valves and turbos.

So then is spark and fuel cut ok? You all know i want to find a good happy mild launch to mess around with. I dont want to break crap all the time but i will want to have fun. So if i could get the launch to a nice fun mild point that would be great.

Ill be doing mostly autocross so the no lift shift is just a toy for me. I wont be on the strip but maybe 1 time. So the fast shift and back into boost is not really needed. But it sounds fun to play with from time to time.

Any way im just looing to chat about the features of the MS and what i can and cant use on my B6T!
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Go to miataturbo.net and start reading. READ!! don't post questions like this because you will get flamed. Everything you want to know about megasquirt and mazda b series engines can be found there.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
      Go to miataturbo.net and start reading. READ!! don't post questions like this because you will get flamed. Everything you want to know about megasquirt and mazda b series engines can be found there.
      Its not always about just finding the answer as fast as i can. Sometimes i just like to chat to people i recognize about topics they might care about. Thanks for the info tho.

"Any way im just looing to chat about the features of the MS and what i can and cant use on my B6T!" -I was looking for festiva specific opinions and its monday and its gonna be a slow long day so why not have a chat and get some recent opinions?
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

The problem is that with megasquirt every car is going to be different based on how it's wired and what sensors it's using. So the best way to figure out if something will work on your car is to learn how the system works in your specific application. Also there aren't that many people on here that have much experience with it. That being said I had that stuff working for a while but it was annoying I ended up putting a switch in line with the clutch switch. (festys have 2 clutch switches I used the one that the factory ecu uses) If I got lazy and just left my foot barely touching the pedal it would think that I was trying to shift or launch and would start doing all kinds of stupid stuff. Had the limiter get stuck on a few time going down the track. Decided to change up a bunch of stuff after that so didn't mess with it anymore.
        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

I still think the cleanest solution is launching with a 25 shot

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Then you could get a one pound co2 tank and fill it with propane. That way your tanks would have the same relative expansion cooling effects.

Comment

And then you could play with start and stop points of spool assist.

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
                The problem is that with megasquirt every car is going to be different based on how it's wired and what sensors it's using. So the best way to figure out if something will work on your car is to learn how the system works in your specific application. Also there aren't that many people on here that have much experience with it. That being said I had that stuff working for a while but it was annoying I ended up putting a switch in line with the clutch switch. (festys have 2 clutch switches I used the one that the factory ecu uses) If I got lazy and just left my foot barely touching the pedal it would think that I was trying to shift or launch and would start doing all kinds of stupid stuff. Had the limiter get stuck on a few time going down the track. Decided to change up a bunch of stuff after that so didn't mess with it anymore.
                I know i can wire it up to work. I know it has been done and that i could do it. I might not actually do it. Really i dont need it. I can use my foot as the launch control. I was just wanting to get opinions on it. It sounds like most just leave it alone. I have seen a few videos now about a switch in line with the clutch switch. I might do that after i get it all going on the MS system. But ill leave the toys alone until i get it running on ms. Launch control sounds fun and is fun. I use it on my bike way to much. But that things has a list of other aids to help it out. With the B6T only having the LC (rpm limit) theres not much reason to mess with it. Now if it have TC as well as LC that would be different. I think my foot would be able to do the same thing as the rpm limit. IDK.

Will look into the wiring later on and see if i truly want to mess with it.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post

From a single youtube video i have found that spark kill only (on launch control) might be pretty bad on the car. All the noise and flames and junk could damage valves and turbos.
                  ive never seen anything that says that spark only is bad on the valves or turbos. i ran it in mine for years without issues. spark only is only bad if you still have a catalytic converter cause it loads it up with raw fuel.

launch control is fun to use a horn replacement. mine popped like a machine gun and i loved it.

I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

That's what I'm talking about! What rpm limit was that?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

i think it was at 3800

Comment

^this guy still needs another festiva.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                          i think it was at 3800
                          Thats crazy! How or why is it so fast? I would have thought it would have been a bit slower.
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Nope. 3800 rpm is still over 125 power strokes per second on a 4 cylinder. Makes one hell of a racket lol with the occasional defining boom.

There are so many parameters you can set to do different things
                            Last edited by fastivaB6TG25MR; 08-02-2016, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Sweet dude!!
                              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                              X