Thought you'd get a kick out of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought you'd get a kick out of this

Ottawa Citizen, Friday Aug 5, 2016, page B2, by Lorraine Sommerfeld Lamborghini Aventador draws fans via twitter
    The 2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4......screams "I am rich" with a price tag ticking in at over $563,000, but it fires up imaginations as surely as those 12 cylinders fire up those 700 horses. ....... In Toronto, Dan Plishka spent a full hour with the car, mostly he stared, but finally we coaxed him to sit in it. Turns out he's a Festiva man, belonging to a club with other Festiva connoisseurs.
    "Well, it's not like my Festiva," he announced, gazing at the Aventador. His Festiva is what my son terms a Frankenfest, assembled from parts of every other kind of car you can imagine. Dan is a car man and was happy to talk about his Festiva for an hour. .......... It's always about the car, but it's never about the car.

Here you go folks: Forum member Bravekozak plugging Festys in a major Canadian newspaper! What d'ya have to say about this Dan?

By the way I have fond memories of my 12 years piloting 3 different red 93 Festys and participating/contributing to this forum. It's too bad, in eastern Canada, that salt ultimately destroys these cars no matter how hard you try to protect them. Very best fuel economy I could ever get in one (low mile B3 5 speed with Aspire fixins and 14 inch Nokian tires) was in the low 50s mpg (Imperial gallon; 5.5 l/100) at 90 kph (55 mph) whereas the 05 Echo 1.5 5 speed hatch I'm driving now (and learning to maintain) perpetually runs in the low 50s and will do 59 mpg (Imperial gallon) or 4.8 l/100 on the highway at 100 kph (62 mph). The extra pep, and engine efficiency that you derive from a twin cam is definitely worth it and for you folks contemplating the plunge from a B3 over to a twin cam B6 I say "jump". Kennys U-Pull on Bentley Ave in Ottawa currently has a complete 94 MX-3 with 1.6 twin cam in their yard.

Nice catch Bert.
    So what was it like Dan? Did you get pictures?
    Here's a link to the entire article: www.pressreader.com/canada/ottawa-citizen/20160805/281732678867523
    Read all the way to the end guys. There is more to the story and it could be a life saver for you. Believe me, I speak from experience.

Comment

Working...
    X