Mr. Regular Reviews the Ford Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Regular Reviews the Ford Festiva

...And it isn't a negative review at all.

Watch it for yourself, I haven't seen a review our cars that was this accurate about the car, and our community.

1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Indeed! "The things that made it undesirable in the 80's and 90's--its low cost and small size--now become curiosities and virtues today."
    Ben Rogers, Admin of the
    Facebook Group

'93 Festiva GL "Frito" (Travelled in 36 US States & 4 Canadian Provinces)

'91 Festiva L "Barry Bluejeans"
    '95 Dickmeyer Aspire SE "Dortmund" (SOLD to jbibb1)
    '91 Festiva L "Fermina" (SOLD to Hulspowered)
    '93 Festiva L "Tallsmallcar" (SOLD to Stretch and Skeeters_Keeper)

Watch "It's a Festiva", my short film!

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Comment

"If you want to build a Festiva, there are people that will help you."

Comment

less interest in this video around here than I thought. [emoji14]

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post

I watched it, but the guy is kind of annoying.
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

To each their own. my girlfriend thought he was annoying during the obnoxious bits, but to me that was necessary to get across his point about these obnoxious people who always put down small cars

Comment

By far the most accurate and honest review of the Festiva I have ever seen.

Comment

under dog'' nailed it

Comment

Didn't like his review,
                  but you a man, yes you am, yes you am, yes you am.

The difference between someone who gets ahold of an older car and says things to sound cool, macho and knowledgeable for the male peers, as opposed to those ofd us with brains, who can place the Festiva in a larger geo-sociological and timeline perspective and consequently see the genius of it all.

And Festiva was NOT the smallest car of its day- a mistake I made myself when Id tell people I bought it because it was the smallest motor being put out- back in 97 I wasn't aware of the 3 cylinder 1 liter firefly Geo.

"When the 88 Festiva has become the 62 Falcon then the true Zen of Abba has been achieved"- Cornfuse u.s .
                  Last edited by harpon; 08-14-2016, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post

I watched it but found the guy quite annoying as well. One part i did like was how he said "i can put it in the back of my pickup truck". That part made it worth watching, lol.

Comment

Yeah, but my 96 is NOT an "ASS Pire", or deserving of any of the other horrible things he said about it.:cry_smile:

Comment

He really didn't say anything bad about it other than calling it the Ass Pire. It largely was a completely forgettable car unlike the Festiva.

Comment

It was a fun day for sure, I just wish it had been running a little better that day.
                          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                          Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                          Feel free to PM me anytime!
                          Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                          Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Festiva and ASS PIRE are largely the same drive train and motor, and Ive always considered them much the same- though I prefer the Festiva myself. The Aspire is lower in headroom- so that makes it unpopular with the GINT people here I guess, but them really more aerodynamic. The Festy chassis "pushes" in corners on 12 inch tires a bit- his description of "falling over which just sound lame, but then ironically, largely CURED on the Aspire with 13 inch wheels- so I find that ironic- The headroom's fine for me at 6', although I found I couldn't wear a tall toboggan wool hat in INdiana in the Aspire in the winter.

The Aspire is slightly longer- mostly bumpers I think except for 4 doors- and about 300 pounds heavier it's listed- but I honestly don't know where those pounds are really coming from- corporate prejudice at Ford seems to have grown I think- with the stupid VIN number plate put down inside the drivers defrost vent- which is already borderine inadequate even before that- Festy flat dashes are much more convenient and I never have liked airbags.

I don't know why some people are so down on Aspire- same car to me, especially when I went back to 155 width tires, the Festy "nimble" feel returned- and I hadnt noticed it had been buried by wider tires, but it still doesn't push in the corners either.

same ole picture:
                            96 Aspire and 88 Festiva circa 2006
                            the 96 a year or two back- still my DD since 2003.
                            Last edited by harpon; 08-15-2016, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X