The reason we customise cars, trucks, and motorcycles:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reason we customise cars, trucks, and motorcycles:

I suppose the main reason we do that is because we object to other people telling us what our limits are...
    "It only comes with WHAT engine? I'll fix that."

We also see the price of new machines, and understand all of the useless people in the food chain. We don't want to pay them, especially sales persons, and wish they would get a real job.

We know that when a new vehicle drives off of the lot - it just got DEVALUED by 50%

We wonder why all of the extra POOP is necessary; It's a CAR! You DRIVE IT!

~ And so on... :?

It is an expression of who we are - what we want we add ourselves.
    Last edited by Greywolf; 08-20-2016, 06:03 PM.
    Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

I would think a lot of the reason is for self expression. Though there are a LOT of 'self expression' examples on the interwebz which could cause a loss of one's cookies.

Then there is the 'make it your own' thinking in terms of interior or the mechanical aspect. Adding parts options from other vehicles to enhance the functionality or safety.

Comment

At this point in my life, I think it's extension and expression of self and identity.

I've been in the military, homeless cause I wanted to be, college grad workaholic/hired suit, and now I've had a stroke, cancer, and other medical stuff that changes a way a person looks at life.

Now, I got married a couple years ago for the first time (and I'm not young), got into a religion, understand "family", and I work where I am paid for my mind and voice. I have a beard down my chest and hair like a Greek god. Where others want to spend $25,000 for a hybrid for 40mpg, we here buy a $900 car and put $2k into it to get 50mpg. It's not flashy, but not having a $400 car payment each month is awesome. And, then I roll a Honda; It's not a Harley, but twice the gas mileage. We allure to ford festivas as we find something distinctive and different, yet conform in a group. It's why people take on for an eagle, globe, and anchor, or an initial reason to become free masons. Even in societies and differing cultures throughout history, people find or have something that attracts them to others in a bonding way. Grow a nice beard or handlebar mustache and you'll know what I mean. - that's my take

Comment

I'd like to make a FordFestiva window sticker that reads $3000 & 50 mpg's

Comment

I don't feel like it's part of my identity. I just like driving, and I hate new cars.

So, I want a nice sounding audio system, I want it to handle, and I want it to have plenty of power, because that's what I use the car for, so it should do those things well.
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Im mean if it wasnt common knowledge that youre getting your wallet disrespected at the dealer i wouldnt have a huge problem with new cars, but like you guys said, i dont see the point of me paying too much for the car so someone else can get paid.
            Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Working...
            X