1988 Merkur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Merkur

I know its not a festiva but it is a ford, lol. I just picked this up from a scrapper that was going to smash it for scrap. I bought it from him for 125.00 and 75.00 to deliver. Runs great 83000 miles 2.3 turbo. Its a kinda ugly car, but it goes fast rear wheel drive and has leather. Another orphan ford.

has a Mad Max vibe in the front. couple of history write ups of this on CC.

One good thing about visiting the dry, warm southwest is that if you are paying attention, it’s like a great big open air car museum. It’s astonishing to see the […]

(first posted 7/7/2015. And I happened to see one just this morning)    Today, European cars permeate the lineups of domestic automakers. The Ford Fiesta, Focus and Fusion, for example, differ […]

Comment

I just checked the bolt circle for the alloy wheels from one I saw in the junkyard on Friday.
      Wierd. 4 X 108.

It had the double fin spoiler in the back.
      Let me know if you need any parts from it.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 08-23-2016, 06:10 AM.

Comment

That is ugly but you can't beat the price tag for a running car.
        "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
        sigpic
        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
        "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
        "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
        "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Wow, I can't believe they were going to crush it. I dig the XR4TI's. When my engine went out in my Festiva, I searched for a Merkur as a replacement, but there weren't any in good shape around me. If that looks as good in real life as it does in the picture, that's a $2-3K vehicle. Rapido Group is the known as the premier company when it comes to Merkurs and they are in your neck of the woods. http://rapidogroup.com/
          Last edited by Eaglefreek; 08-23-2016, 09:01 AM.
          Rick
          1993 Ford Festiva
          1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
          1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
          2000 Ford E350

Comment

Thats a great deal!
            1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
            1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
            2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              I just checked the bolt circle for the alloy wheels from one I saw in the junkyard on Friday.
              Wierd. 4 X 108.

That's an XR4Ti!!!! Save what you can.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                Wierd. 4 X 108.

Nothing weird about it. It's pretty much Ford's standard 4 lug pattern since 1970 or so.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I'll never understand people willing to crush a perfectly running car.

And that is one pretty example of a XR4Ti.

Talk about cherry.
                  1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                  2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                  1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Yea I was really happy I decided to go to the scrap yard that day. It actually looks better than the pics My old blackberry doesn't take very good photos. I could not believe they were going to smash it either. They got paid to haul it off, and they don't mess with things. I have actually seen many good things go through the yard, from perfectly good cars to golf carts, mowers. All they cared is that they made money. So I had to pay what it would bring in weight. Well it kinda helped to know the people. I don't think they are suppose to let cars go after they are in the yard. I'm glad Oregon is so easy to get a title. I still wish I had a festiva again though Someday I will get another.

Comment

Originally posted by jwt101 View Post
                      Yea I was really happy I decided to go to the scrap yard that day. It actually looks better than the pics My old blackberry doesn't take very good photos. I could not believe they were going to smash it either. They got paid to haul it off, and they don't mess with things. I have actually seen many good things go through the yard, from perfectly good cars to golf carts, mowers. All they cared is that they made money. So I had to pay what it would bring in weight. Well it kinda helped to know the people. I don't think they are suppose to let cars go after they are in the yard. I'm glad Oregon is so easy to get a title. I still wish I had a festiva again though Someday I will get another.
                      I'll trade you mine once I get the engine rebuilt. I'll even drive it to Oregon.
                      Rick
                      1993 Ford Festiva
                      2000 Ford E350

Comment

What do you have done to it? Do you have pics? Rust?

Comment

Originally posted by jwt101 View Post
                          What do you have done to it? Do you have pics? Rust?
                          I was kind of kidding, but.....
                          Here's the cliff notes:
                          93 with manual transmission,A/C and zero rust. Aspire suspension swap with a lot of new parts including shocks, control arms and tie rod ends.

Last edited by Eaglefreek; 08-27-2016, 04:25 PM.
                          Rick
                          1993 Ford Festiva
                          2000 Ford E350

Comment

looks like you have made some good progress, and a clean car as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X