Gas Mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Mileage

My stock stickshift 92 just rolled over to 197k miles. I haven't checked my gas mileage for a few years so I did. Worked out to 44 mpg, just like the last time I looked and every other time previously. I treated it to some Turtle Wax. Keep on truckin..............

If you're looking for mpg's, amazon.com has a $60 chip for ford Festivas. A coworker has this one on his F150 and he immediately noticed 5mpg difference and he drives like he's got numbers on the door.

Comment

^ This is a joke right?
      It says adds 35 hp! I should have got this rather then swap in my b6d lol
      Last edited by william; 08-28-2016, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Oh come on William you know it's gota be true, it came from Amazon.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by meyek91974 View Post
          If you're looking for mpg's, amazon.com has a $60 chip for ford Festivas. A coworker has this one on his F150 and he immediately noticed 5mpg difference and he drives like he's got numbers on the door.

https://www.amazon.com/Innovative-Pe...formance+chip
          It's called placebo effect. Plus he paid all that money for it, and is forcing himself into thinking it is working just to avoid feeling like he'd been scammed.

All those chips are a scam.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
            ^ This is a joke right?
            It says adds 35 hp! I should have got this rather then swap in my b6d lol
            Yes, clearly you got chumped by all those "experts" on here who say to upgrade your motor to a B6/B6D/B8/BP. What do they know?! All you needed was this chip!

I'm picturing Charlie beating Porsches and Vettes with a stock B3 with this chip......:-)

More great ways to double your fuel economy here.

Best way to save half your gasoline costs: drive half as much. Plan you week's driving and combine errands, for example.
            Last edited by TominMO; 08-29-2016, 08:34 AM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I attribute my Festiva's great gas mileage to my liberal application of Turtle Wax over the years. Used it on my cars since the 50's.

Comment

You know why Turtle Wax is so expensive? Because a turtle ears are so small!!

Comment

Working...
                X