Seat covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat covers

Just wondering whose found a good fitting quality seat cover for our small front seats... I've got coverking Cordura covers in my van and they're awesome but really pricey as they're somewhat custom per vehicle.
    1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

If you have the original L series seats, you might want to consider upgrading. The foam that forms the cushions is not as thick in the L series as it is in the GL (don't know about the LX as I've never owned one) and is not as comfortable.
    I found original cloth seats in an 88 Mercury Tracer and put them in my 89 L Trixie. They are still in excellent condition and very comfortable.
    I put the seat foam and covers on the Festiva seat frames, remove the entire Festiva seat backs and replaced it with the Tracer seat backs.
    Lots of members here have replaced their original Festiva seats with more comfortable and stylish ones.
    As for covers, I can't help your there since other than the Tracer front seats I have original seats and covers on all my others.
    Last edited by 1990new; 09-05-2016, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Good to know about the GL foam, I think the seats in mine are stock L seats.

Comment

Comment

Forget seat covers.
          There is nothing like the feel of real leather.

Comment

$ is a concern

Comment

From the picture of your seats it looks like they are cloth all over the bottoms. I thought the 91 L seats had cloth centers and vinyl strip on each side. Do you have removable headrest?
              Do you know if these are the original seats?
              Last edited by 1990new; 09-06-2016, 09:27 PM.

Comment

yup there's vinyl on the sides, but it doesn't wrap up over top. the vinyl is ripped and crappy looking - part of why I wanna just cover em up. I was told by a guy in my autox club that they're not original L seats, but they are festiva seats.

Comment

I have been looking at the seats others have installed, might be worth it to just upgrade but the complicating factor in my car is that the PO cut off one of the molded bumps on each side that the corners of the seats attached to (it had race seats but he took em) - if you're in the drivers seat its the left rear and on passenger side is right rear. So no matter what there's gonna be some fabrication involved. I'd love to install some seats that have a normal bar under the front of the seat to adjust front to back instead of the thing on the side.
                  Another problem I noticed, is I got some "race seats" and they were so big that the shifter couldn't go into second and the headrest almost touched the roof. So any seats really need to be smaller seats for a smaller car. I'm a small guy so that works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch View Post
                    I have been looking at the seats others have installed, might be worth it to just upgrade but the complicating factor in my car is that the PO cut off one of the molded bumps on each side that the corners of the seats attached to (it had race seats but he took em) - if you're in the drivers seat its the left rear and on passenger side is right rear. So no matter what there's gonna be some fabrication involved. I'd love to install some seats that have a normal bar under the front of the seat to adjust front to back instead of the thing on the side.
                    Another problem I noticed, is I got some "race seats" and they were so big that the shifter couldn't go into second and the headrest almost touched the roof. So any seats really need to be smaller seats for a smaller car. I'm a small guy so that works for me.
                    That does make things more complicated. So you must have something rigged up now to anchor the door facing rear front seat frames for the stock Festiva seats. I've only worked with the stock frames to stock anchors so I can't be of much help to you in that department. Others on the forum who have done fabrication of that type may chime in to give you some ideas. In the meantime if you just want to cover up the ugly torn vinyl, you could just get some cheap stretchy covers.
                    Last edited by 1990new; 09-08-2016, 11:11 AM.

Comment

I just swapped to the Protege seat... It is much more comfortable and has some bolster support.

"The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                      sigpic
                      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                        That does make things more complicated. So you must have something rigged up now to anchor the door facing rear front seat frames for the stock Festiva seats. I've only worked with the stock frames to stock anchors so I can't be of much help to you in that department. Others on the forum who have done fabrication of that type may chime in to give you some ideas. In the meantime if you just want to cover up the ugly torn vinyl, you could just get some cheap stretchy covers.
                        hahaha just ordered some cheap stretchies for now

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                        I just swapped to the Protege seat... It is much more comfortable and has some bolster support.
                        NICE! That's exactly what I was thinking.. mind if I ask what year/model protege that comes from and how it mounts? are you putting the seat "guts" on the festiva seat frame? or is there a new frame too?

Comment

Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)

here we go

Comment

My GoPullIt charged $30 per seat without the seat rail though. You might want to wait for a 50% off day or something.
                            "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                            sigpic
                            "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                            "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                            "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                            "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                            X