new rims for stress relief!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new rims for stress relief!

After having a massive tire blow out on me the other day i decided to upgrade my daily ride. The rims i found locally will be going onto stress relief tonight. They are 13" good looking rims. 5 spoke style. They should look great on the car. Dropping them off at lunch time to get the new tires put on them. They have some 175 70 13 in stock.

No more tires worries from me for a while!
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

That's too tall of a tire and if stress relief is lowered at all, rubbing will be part of your life for the next 50k miles
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      That's too tall of a tire and if stress relief is lowered at all, rubbing will be part of your life for the next 50k miles
      If i have to i will switch back to the stock suspension! Thats the only tire they had in stock so i went with it. Hope i didnt screw myself.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I know with the stock suspension i will be just fine. I had some 205 on it before (they rubbed tho). I had 185 on lucifer when i got it. I will switch out the suspension tho. The fms springs are not for me.
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Stock Festy Tires are about 553mm in diameter, Your new tires will have a 575mm diameter. You should be okay as long as it isn't lowered at all and try not to jump it.

This is what 195/60/14s on a 6.5" wide wheel looks like. (590mm Diameter)

I didn't keep these tires because they were a little too large and they were no good.
          Last edited by firebush357; 09-09-2016, 04:17 PM.
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

i ran 175 70 13s for two years with front coil cut one and a half and she ran perfect and rode good also
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Holy crap! He lives! And I thought I was a ghost around here...
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I think you'll find the Festy wont have the same roll with the wider tires, nor get the same MPG. But with 13's you can get 165, 155 or even 145 wide still. The narrower tires would decrease the chance of rubbing too obviously.

When I went from 175 down to 155 on the Aspire it really really really improved the roll. It's a trade off on a very rough freeway at higher speed though the light car wants to bounce around more.

Last edited by harpon; 09-09-2016, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                  Holy crap! He lives! And I thought I was a ghost around here...
                  glad u r back! missed all the informative stuff you always have )
                  Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I don't care about mpg as much. This car gets good enough it doesnt matter. Getting to work is what matters. My stock tires are bad and I needed a quick fix.
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Rims are on. Check the Facebook page for picture. This phone. Won't upload my phone is dead. Will get pictures up later if I can. Poor front fenders are a wreck tho. .
                      Attached Files
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Should have took them off till you raised the fronts.
                        Or got smaller tires lol

Comment

Working...
                        X