Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've had 4 festivas but never, til tonight, have I had the...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had 4 festivas but never, til tonight, have I had the...

....amber engine light come on. This is the festiva that I re ringed about a year and a half ago. Had some pretty scored up bearings. Have good oil, I do have a small coolant leak at the bypass that runs the front of engine. Was not hot though. The car has been chugging more than usual when I try and give her gas in the higher gears. Any suggestions? I know it could be a number of things but what would be your best guess. Thanks

Vaf leak, assuming it's EFI. Some more information would be nice though.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I've had 4 festivas but never, til tonight, have I had the...

Jump the wires to check the code, that will narrow it down a lot only thing that ever made mine come on was an O2 sensor that went bad, but that happens when it warms up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by ryanprins13; 09-14-2016, 01:05 PM.

Comment

How is it running at idle when it's cold and then warmed up?
        Start it up and let it idle until it warms up enough for the engine to settle to normal rpm.
        Then turn on stuff to put a load on your alternator such as light, heater fan, radio, signals, cigarette lighter etc.
        Does the engine idle increase when you do this?
        Then turn those off and turn on your AC if you have it. Does idle increase to compensate for AC coming on?

Just wondering if water is flowing ok through your IAC and the ECM is getting the correct signals from it and other idle related control inputs.
        Last edited by 1990new; 09-14-2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

It was the O2 sensor. I had spliced the wires a year or so back and they had come apart. Thanks for the clues.

Comment

Working...
          X