Possibly Buying a B6T!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly Buying a B6T!

I found a whole supposedly Running/Driving 91 Capri Turbo on Craigslist that is listed for destruction. I'm in negotiations with the Tow Company that has possession of it now. I offered $300 but he came back with $400 so I offered $425 if he can tow it to my house about an hour away. Supposedly somebody left it on the side of the road and police had it towed and the owner never came to pick it up so they filed paperwork to have it listed as non road worthy or something and it can only be used for parts or crushed and then the previous owners father tried to come get it or something... I dunno, either way is anything under $500 sound like a decent price?
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

So it came down to $400 and I have to pick it up... but totally worth it right??
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

Yes.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Don't you need the harness and such for the b6ts

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        Festiver
        93 L find/5 speed
        BP/g15mr swapped
        Aspire brake swapped
        Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
        stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
        rustful
        maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
        advanced suspension
        kai/skeeter camber
        b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

And he would have everything needed for a swap including brakes if so wanted.... But firebush, if you decide against the brake swap... You have a buyer

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

I haven't looked much into the Capri brake swap but if It can be done I will probably do it so I don't have to buy an Aspire just for brake parts...
            sigpic

Comment

I'll warn you now that the rear brakes require quite a bit of fab work to fit, and the fronts REQUIRE using aspire lower control arms.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                I'll warn you now that the rear brakes require quite a bit of fab work to fit, and the fronts REQUIRE using aspire lower control arms.
                Aspire control arms? I'm running festy arms in aspire spindles what's the difference in the arms?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                Festiver
                93 L find/5 speed
                BP/g15mr swapped
                Aspire brake swapped
                Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                rustful
                maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                advanced suspension
                kai/skeeter camber
                b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

So I picked up the Capri this weekend. It isn't pretty but it's whats on the inside that matters...

The first issue that I have to deal with is that the ignition won't turn and the steering wheel is locked. These things didn't come with 2 keys did they? The key I have opens the Trunk and unlocks the convertible top but when I put it in the ignition and go to unlock the steering wheel it only moves about 3mm and then stops. It acts as though it is going to unlock the steering wheel cause it gives it a little bit more play in the wheel but it won't turn past that. I tried blowing out the ignition with an air compressor and then sprayed some dry lube in there but it didn't help.

Thoughts?

Oh and while I was picking up the car the guy selling it showed me one of his toys... That's two Chevy 350's in the front!
                  Last edited by firebush357; 09-26-2016, 06:29 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice steal on the Capri . Your better off just to remove the ignition switch . Those wheel locks a incredibly hard to break .
                    New build on the way .

Comment

As far as unlocking the steering, can't you just remove the entire key lock? Doesn't it just drop a pin into the steering column like on a Festiva. Just a suggestion as I know zip about a Capri.
                      "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                      "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                      "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                      "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                      "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                      "Wenona"-89L parts car
                      "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

I'm watching videos right now on how to remove Ford ignition cylinders.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post

The first issue that I have to deal with is that the ignition won't turn and the steering wheel is locked. These things didn't come with 2 keys did they? The key I have opens the Trunk and unlocks the convertible top but when I put it in the ignition and go to unlock the steering wheel it only moves about 3mm and then stops

Thoughts?
                          Yes, 2 keys. I purchased a capri a couple of weeks ago, two different keys.

Yours probably looked like this before the earthquake
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon View Post
                            Yes, 2 keys. I purchased a capri a couple of weeks ago, two different keys.

Yours probably looked like this before the earthquake
                            Cool, I'm going to see if Pop-A-Lock can cut me a key from the VIN without having to show ownership because there was no title.
                            sigpic

Comment

Was looking at Capri VINS the other day, thought it was strange that the Mercury Capris have Australia as the country of origin, and the Ford(Australia) Capris have Japan as country of origin. Both built in same factory.

Is your VIN similar to whats on here http://members.pcug.org.au/~jcarroll/capri/vincode.htm
                              Last edited by reddragon; 09-26-2016, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X