No announcement yet.

Junkyards near Detroit or Buffalo area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junkyards near Detroit or Buffalo area?

So in the near future I want to drive across the border and visit an American junkyard around either Detroit or Buffalo area..... my goal is to find a 92-97' Kia Sephia (we didn't get them in Canada)..... if any of you guys know of a Sephia sitting in a junkyard around either Detroit or Buffalo, let me know, thanks guys

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Here in Detroit we have 3 parts galore junk yards, pick and pull style. There also a few others like Ryan's and the ones on Telegraph and Pensylvania rd. If ur ever in the area contact me man i can go with u. I love going when i can.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by reyestuninggarag View Post
      Here in Detroit we have 3 parts galore junk yards, pick and pull style. There also a few others like Ryan's and the ones on Telegraph and Pensylvania rd. If ur ever in the area contact me man i can go with u. I love going when i can.

Parts galore and Ryan's both post their inventory on their websites which I posted below. Fair warning on the Warren Rd Parts Galore that you might be tempted to go to since it's close to the bridge and tunnel. It's straight in the hood, last time I went there I was asked if I wanted coke (not the type that you drink) at two in the afternoon. In the yard is fine but the area around it is rough, I'd recommend bringing a friend. Also I think Parts Galore prices are a little higher and they tend to try and get you for every item. For an example at Ryan's a knuckle with rotor and caliper is a $23 knuckle with a $2 core at parts galore that is a knuckle for $17 with a caliper for $9 and a rotor for $8 plus cores for each part. It depends a lot on who is working but generally its been my experience that Parts Galore will try to run the bill up. There are also a bunch of foreign only yards but you have to call them to find out if they have what you need.

Search for the part you need in our inventory, find which location the car is at, bring your tools, pull your part! Check out our current vehicles now!

Comment

This is true. But it isnt that bad. As far as being in the middle of the hood. Or maybe thats just me. I used to live right down the street of that parts galore on the other side of livernois for years and never had problems. And im usually there by myself at that yard 99% of the time with out issues. Never had any one offer me coke either. That was strange. Not saying i dont believe it, i do. Just something i had never happen to me for years. I've been going there since they opened. The best one to go to tho is the one on flat rock. But as stated above, prices are a little higher.

Comment

A buddy of mine will come along for the drive, mainly just for the trip.... it's about 2-1/2 hours for me to get to Detroit..... I've never been worried about going to shady places though

My main concern was knowing of 2-3 junkyards around the area so if I drive all the way out there and the first yard doesn't have what I'm looking for, I can try a couple more yards so the trip isn't wasted

The cost isn't toooo much of a concern, just want to get my hands on these parts lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Cool. Well b4 u head out, go online and see if they have the vehicle ur looking for. It should show up on their web site. And check the weather too, it would suck to do all this in the rain. And its been raining pretty good for days now. We should clear up by sunday supposedly.

Comment

I probably won't make the trip for a few weeks yet since there's no rush

Basically I'm attempting to Frankenstein a massive brake setup for my 323 station wagon :lol:

Comment

Nice man! That sounds really cool!

Comment

If all goes well, it might work on a festiva as well

Comment

keep an eye out on their inventory http://mmupullit.com/index.aspx It's where I usually go in Buffalo. There's a few others in the area too.

Comment

Wouldn't the galant brake upgrade the Capri guys use work for you?
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost
                      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                        Wouldn't the galant brake upgrade the Capri guys use work for you?
                        Yup the hubs are the same between the BF 323 and capris

I'm just choosing a different route lol

Comment

Working...
                        X