Muffler opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffler opinions

I'm not sure if I'm just getting old, or if the BP really makes that much more noise than the B6, but my exhaust is way to dang loud. I'm sure anyone at madness noticed that...

Right now it has a high flow cat and a cherry bomb and exits infront of the right rear wheel. I want to keep the same overall setup, and I don't mind a little volume, but i couldn't hear the radio over the exhaust and my ears were ringing after the drive to/from NC.

So I'm looking at muffler options with 2" inlet/outlet center center. magnaflow has one, but it's a resinator style and I'm afraid it won't be much quieter than the glasspack.

I think this one is a baffled muffler... which I think will help more than the magna flow. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-In-Out-Cen...hTbjUY&vxp=mtr

Anyone have any experience with these? Or know of an OEM that may fit the bill?
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

My #1 advice is to get it out of the back of the car.

Besides...you can fit a bigger muffler back there. Like a Holset or something ^_^
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

My car did good actually! I didnt have ringing in the ears. On take off my car gets loud but going down the road at highway speeds its just fine. Sounds like a normal exhaust leak on other cars.

For you i would say going out the back is the best option. Get ahead of the noise helps the most. Aside from that i think borla makes a nice can. In the end just any old muffler will help over a cherry bomb.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
        My #1 advice is to get it out of the back of the car.
        No. I like my side exhaust!
        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
          No. I like my side exhaust!
          What if it came out the fender, down, then headed back just under your door and flared out just ahead of the rear tire? Would still look pretty cool.
          Something like this ish

Comment

A muffler from a mid 2000 minivan might do the trick. Or one for a farm tractor. Both are round canister style.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
            X