No heat though center vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No heat though center vents

so last night was the first time I had to use the heat in the newly acquired festiva. defrost seems to be working just find but the center vents were just blowing cold air whether I was on circulate or outside vent. quite a bit of debris came out of the vents at full fan speed I should ad. I'm guessing that something is wrong with the blendoors or one of the tubes running to said vents has simpy been compromised. I have not disassembled the dash board for any further diagnonis at this point. If this is a common problem and there is an easy fix please advise. If its more of a pita, please advise none the less. Probably wont be able to rip her open till sunday when I have off so anything I get before then would help.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by BustaBust; 10-14-2016, 01:49 PM.

I should add this is a non-ac car and the while all the climate controls are stiff, they still seem to actuate as they should.
    Last edited by BustaBust; 10-14-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Classic festiva lol festivas only push heat through the defrosters and the floor vents and only push cool air through the center vents many people have looked into mods to make the center vents heat

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
      Festiver
      93 L find/5 speed
      BP/g15mr swapped
      Aspire brake swapped
      Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
      stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
      rustful
      maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
      advanced suspension
      kai/skeeter camber
      b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

I think we should put a sticky up about this.
        Seems like anyone and everyone who has ever owned a Festiva has thought something was wrong when no heat was coming out the non-defrost dash vents.
        Me included. lol

It's starting to get chilly again, so we definitely are going to see more of these posts over the next few months from the newer members. lol
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

There IS a stickie...
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

All of mine have this same issue. I traced the fault back to the engineering dept. at Mazda. It seems the HVAC in the festiva was drawn up on a late Friday afternoon.
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-14-2016, 03:07 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

No heat out the dash vents is a (mis)design feature, but you may also have deteriorated sponge rubber gaskets throughout the heater box. If you're feeling air through the dash when the selector is in "feet only" or the defrost positions, that's all leakage by seals.
              "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
              "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
              "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
              "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
              "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
              "Wenona"-89L parts car
              "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                There IS a stickie...
                Thought there was, but not in the first place people look on these forums. lol
                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

you guys are messing with me right?

am I going to be freezing when its actually gets cold out or is the floor and defrost enough to do the job?

Comment

Not kidding, and if your system is in good working order, it will drive you out of the car. No worries.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Festyboy, I looked for the above mentioned sticky but never found it. I did find a "barely any heat" sticky. For future reference, where is the sticky? Can you post a link?
                      Jerry
                      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                      X