No announcement yet.

whats bigger???? miata or a festiva????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree (some what) with others on this one.
    Pull the Miata engine and put it in the Festiva.
    Then drop a 5.0L Ford V8 in the Miata :shock:
    Monster Miata! :lol:
    ~Jeff
    1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
    1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
    2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

There was a guy around here that had a Miata with a 5 liter ford, all hopped up with a Kenne Bell supercharger. But unfortunatly he is serving a life sentance,(killed his ex wife!) wonder what ever happened to the car?
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by thewalrus
        In fact, its not even cool enough to be a chick car. Of all the good Mazda has done, I am ashamed of the Miata. Buy it, pull the motor/tranny and push it into a lake.
        I couldn't agree with this statement less. I feel the Miata is one of the best things Mazda has put out.. Although I may be biased, it's what got me hooked. I wouldn't give up my turbo Miata for anything.

Have you actually ever drove one? Not just point A-B.

Comment

oh my....

the miata is one of mazda's best all time cars. it's brilliantly engineered, handles fantastically & is every way a modern reincarnation of the classic "sportscar". they have a guiness world record for most sportscars sold, that many drivers can't be wrong.

i think thats a rather unfair judgement, & for what reasons? just looks? judging a book by it's cover?

if it weren't for the miata, mazda wouldn't be around today, it was for a while the only car that was selling for them. around at the time the RX-7 FD was ditched from sale outside Japan & before Ford bought a large chunk of the company.
          ex Mazda 121 FunTOP, ex Mazda Miata, now

[93 Mazda 323/Familia GTR Turbo 4WD]

Comment

if you label the miata as a chick car.... you know what you have to label the festiva then... an old ladies grocery car.

i have to agree.- the miata is one of the best cars mazda ever built. the festivas are cool little cars too. but not to compare with an miata.

if you ever owned one you want one again.

this was my mx5:

and i still could kick my butt for selling it.

btw. with turbo a miata is even more fun. it hat 990 kgs with turbokit, full gas and 17" rims.

mazda miata (mx5)
            overall length: 3950 mm
            wheelbase: 2265 mm
            height: 1230 mm

mazda 121 (ford festiva):
            overall length: 3475 mm
            wheelbase: 2295 mm
            height: 1450 mm

the space for the driver in a festiva is bigger. its not much fun in the miata if you are bigger than 180cms.

the NB model is bigger than the NA.

Comment

Just thought I'd share what a Miata is like in its own environment. its a video from the last autocross I attended.

Comment

To be quite honest, I've never driven one. I'm not judging the car on its performance/mechanical design. I'm juding it by the fact that it is one of the least cool looking cars out there.

There are a lot of smaller sporty cars that are somewhat similar that are cool, and even the pic that shady put up isn't bad. But this is the usual Miata you see driving down the road:

Ick.

And it's usually being driven by someone in the middle of a mid-life crisis who thought it would attract the girls.

Everyone gets their own opinion, so if you wanna drive one of these things feel free. That's one less Miata that might find its way into my posession.
                In the beginning the Universe was created.
                This has made a lot of people very angry
                and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

-Douglas Adams

[1989 B3 Ford Festiva L]

Comment

Just to be more productive to this thread, I'm 6'2" 240 lbs and fit fine in my 94 (NA) Miata. My friends 99 (NB) is quite a bit more cramped for interior space and I dont fit as well. Heres a picture of mine at the dragon in NC.

Comment

Uh, yeah, sorry for the threadjack.

The Festiva is bigger.
                    In the beginning the Universe was created.
                    This has made a lot of people very angry
                    and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

-Douglas Adams

[1989 B3 Ford Festiva L]

Comment

passed on the deal as i find it too small and i would just end up swapping motors .
                      I do think it is a bit of a chick car but what do i know i drive a festiva ....

thanks for the replies .

shayne

Comment

Working...
                      X