What does it weigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it weigh?

I did a post a few months back about the weights of bumpers, dashboard, etc.

Anyway, I have restarted the stripping process on my car and here are some more weights:

1. Rear hatch, no glass. 27.8 lbs
    2. Rear hatch window. 12.2 lbs
    3. Rear side windows. 7.6 lbs (each)
    4. Door windows, glass only. 8.2 lbs (each)
    5. Front fenders. 5.6 lbs each
    6. Rear shock tower braces. 2.4 lbs (each)
    7. Rear suspension "U" beam only, no hub assemblies. 28.4 lbs
    8. Rear hub assemblies (brakes, etc). 13.2 lbs (each)
    9. Re-enforcing beam inside each door. 10.0 lbs (each)

Obviously some of these parts will have to go back on the car to make it functional.

Hope the info is of interest.

The car - RED - is being built as a non-streetable drag racer using a 1.8 BP engine and G transmission (I have these parts in my street Festiva). I also have a B6T engine laying around that I some day may but in....

Hey this is interesting information thanks for posting!
    If I make a quick detachable plug for the rear hatch and remove my seat brackets I can drop 44.8 lbs for autocross days!
    Last edited by william; 10-22-2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

It's awesome to have actual numbers. I'm amazed at how light they made these parts. If you've ever tried to buy the ultra light factory race parts for any car it makes the entire Festiva an enormous bargain!
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

What kind of scale are you using? You have the weights right down to the tenths. Thanks for posting. I find the #'s interesting.

Comment

I use a digital bathroom scale (don't tell the wife) and weigh everything 2 or 3 times to make sure the numbers are "good".

I've been surprised at some of the weights too, and it's interesting to see that a lot of the "stock" parts are nearly as light a aluminum or fiberglass parts.

Comment

Festiva ATX weighs 112.4 lbs with converter and no fluid.

Converter weighs 17 lbs

So ATX alone is 96 lbs.

My capri G weighs 77.8 lbs bare.

Haven't weighed the flywheel and clutch though. Guessing 30ish.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

i'm interested in this ,, has it been done? pictures??

Originally posted by william View Post
              Hey this is interesting information thanks for posting!
              If I make a quick detachable plug for the rear hatch and remove my seat brackets I can drop 44.8 lbs for autocross days!

Comment

I've got an exta plug I'm gunna do it when I get the chance but I'm not sure if they will let me run without it. When I ran dirt track I didn't have a hatch but I was full cage and they didn't say anything about it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

PIC's <<<
                  ??
                  Originally posted by william View Post
                  I've got an exta plug I'm gunna do it when I get the chance but I'm not sure if they will let me run without it. When I ran dirt track I didn't have a hatch but I was full cage and they didn't say anything about it

Comment

Hey sorry just now seen this . I don't have any pictures anymore it's been about 6 years ago. The cage was home made inch and a half .095 wall. I was a simple 4 point with 3 door bars on the drivers side and x bars on the passenger.
                    It passed tech at 3 of my Simi local tracks. Not bad for an 18 year old kid and a harbor freight pipe bender.
                    I had to fill each peace I bent with wet sand to keep if from crushing the pipe. But it worked.

Comment

12" X 4.5" factory steel wheel w/ Yokahama 165 70 tire. 22.8#
                      12" X 4.5" factory alloy wheel w/ Kuhomo 155 80 tire. 22.2#
                      not as much difference as i thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X